Petersburg City trs new talkgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4UVV

For the past 2 months occasionally I have monitored a new talkgroup 232. Most of the units id as "Security", i.e., "Security 4", "Security 5", etc., and a few with unit numbers only. Frequent references are made regarding "returning to Petersburg Station". The users do not seem to be Petersburg PD officers but possibly contracted security. The only "station" I know of in Petersburg is the "new" bus station. Occasional comms also relate to what appear to be city bus routes and maybe a school.

One possible explanation is these are contracted security types who ride on city buses and/or school buses and/or some officers are assigned to various Petersburg schools. Other comms included "come to the Security Office", "old smoking lounge" and "meet me at the track".

Comms are infrequent but maybe by more monitoring somebody can provide a better id on these talkgroup users.

KC2SUR

My guess is, the new talk group belongs to P.A.T. Buses, And Petersburg Station Security Officers.

P.A.T.'s UHF frequencies 453.2000/458.2000 MHz have gone silent in the same time frame as you mentioned, Probably as a result of re-banding.

The Buses also appear to have new radios, and the giveaways are "returning to Petersburg Station", and "The Track" as you mentioned, which were common terms used on the old system.
Time Shall Tell !!!

W4UVV

Petersburg trs

My guess is, the new talk group belongs to P.A.T. Buses, And Petersburg Station Security Officers.

P.A.T.'s UHF frequencies 453.2000/458.2000 MHz have gone silent in the same time frame as you mentioned, Probably as a result of re-banding.

The Buses also appear to have new radios, and the giveaways are "returning to Petersburg Station", and "The Track" as you mentioned, which were common terms used on the old system.
Time Shall Tell !!!
I agree. What was puzzling mixed with the bus driver comms were, in my opinion, what seemed to be a rather large number of security types (i.e., Security 3, 4, 7, 8 etc) on duty for a relatively small size bus station.

Rebanding impacted 800 mhz. and not 400 mhz. frequencies. If bundling city radio users onto one system was the objective, then additionally add school buses (453.675 mhz. repeater), school operations (150.9500 repeater) and utilities on 155.1450 mhz.

Status
Not open for further replies.