Petersburg on Eastern VA (Hopewell) TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
Just heard a Petersburg unit on Hopewell's system. Not sure if one of their units has a Hopewell radio or if their radios are programmed to interop with Hopewell. When the feed archives are up you can hear them at 12:00 today.

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
It is Petersburg and it is on their radio. He just said Petersburg unit 11 I am going to be switching off of your frequency and going back to my PD primary.

Nice to know that Petersburg has the direct capability to interop with Hopewell.

Last edited:

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
A little more interop.. Had a major fire today in Hopewell and Fort Lee and Prince George responded mutual aid. Fort Lee automatically can just switch to Hopewell talkgroups but Prince George must also have Hopewell radios either installed in their units or have several portables because PG Engine 120, Truck 1, Air Utility 160, and Engine 510 all were on Hopewell Fire Dispatch from the start (the marked up responding on Hopewell Fire Dispatch). I knew Engine 510 had the capability but didn't know about all of the other units.

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
I heard another Petersburg unit in Hopewell again. So I guess they have Hopewell's system programmed into their radios. I am not sure if Petersburg has access to the Fort Lee part of the system or not. On another note I did read not that long ago in the Progress Index that Hopewell is looking to go to a P25 system in an article talking about dispatchers and communication centers.

W4UVV

Ft. Lee FD/Prince George Co. F/R

A little more interop.. Had a major fire today in Hopewell and Fort Lee and Prince George responded mutual aid. Fort Lee automatically can just switch to Hopewell talkgroups but Prince George must also have Hopewell radios either installed in their units or have several portables because PG Engine 120, Truck 1, Air Utility 160, and Engine 510 all were on Hopewell Fire Dispatch from the start (the marked up responding on Hopewell Fire Dispatch). I knew Engine 510 had the capability but didn't know about all of the other units.

Ft. Lee FD additionally has the capability to be a user on the Prince George Co. F/R 453.5625 mhz.

Status
Not open for further replies.