• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Petitions for Reconsideration of Part 95 Personal Radio Services Rules Report and Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
I don't think FM means what you think it does. A CB FM filter for what? An FM BCB filter has a purpose, and it has nothing to do with the fact that it is FM.

LOL, when "507" keys up with his 25K FM Linear we'll need filters.

jhooten

There has been packet on "freeband" for over 30 years.
Packet is 1970's technology that sucks for several reasons It's especially bad on HF. There are much better performing digital modes now.

I knew I should have said digital. Someone would have assumed digital voice modes which would have started the DMR, Fusion, D-Star argument.

HF Packet wasn't any worse than Baudot Teletype. BUT even during the lows of the solar cycle with enough BBS and Digipeaters spread around the country wide area communications would be doable.

Last edited:

jhooten

Should have taken better care of it.
Arecibo-Collapse-2.jpg

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Will CTCSS/DCS be allowed?

Yes. Question will be if most CB users will be able to understand it, and will the CB manufacturers market them as "Privacy Codes" like they did on FRS/GMRS...

§ 95.977 CBRS tone transmissions.
In addition to the tones permitted under § 95.377, CBRS transmitter types may be designed to transmit brief tones to indicate the beginning or end of a transmission.​

If you follow the link to 95.377, which covers all the Part 95 services:

§ 95.377 Tones and signals.
Personal Radio Service stations that transmit voice emissions may also transmit audible or subaudible tones or other signals for the purpose of selective calling and/or receiver squelch activation. These tones and signals are ancillary to voice communications and are considered to be included within the voice emission types, e.g., A3E, F3E, and G3E.​
(a) Tones that are audible (having a frequency higher than 300 Hertz), must last no longer than 15 seconds at one time.​
(b) Tones that are subaudible (having a frequency of 300 Hertz or less), may be transmitted continuously during a communication session.​
And, by the way, the CB rules have been updated to show FM is allowed.

Duckford

This is probably the first FM/AM CB to receive FCC certification.

Considering their President Randy, the most recent CB HT to hit the market, has been converted easily to FM for the European market, I'm going to guess there is a good chance it is just an upgraded version of their latest HT that hit the market this year.

spikestabber

I been trying to find Randy FCC's around Ontario but nobody sells them, I guess an FM version will be years away at this rate with Industry Canada approval of FM CB seemingly not even in the cards, we are still left behind on mobile FRS/GMRS too.

Status
Not open for further replies.