Pettis county Sherrifs encrypted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

626hawkeye

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed I've stopped receiving Pettis County Sherrifs on all my scanners and get the classic encryption garbled transmission on my WS1040. I know Pettis has a TGID on MOSWIN and that is in the clear. Any Ideas why the conventional P25 would go encrypted but not on MOSWIN? They don't simulcast on both from my listening they seem to use MOSWIN for things further out from town (sedalia). I haven't wanted to submit a database update till I see if others can confirm the encryption. I guess the sign of the times.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed I've stopped receiving Pettis County Sherrifs on all my scanners and get the classic encryption garbled transmission on my WS1040. I know Pettis has a TGID on MOSWIN and that is in the clear. Any Ideas why the conventional P25 would go encrypted but not on MOSWIN? They don't simulcast on both from my listening they seem to use MOSWIN for things further out from town (sedalia). I haven't wanted to submit a database update till I see if others can confirm the encryption. I guess the sign of the times.

Sedalia PD was using partial encryption (dispatch heard, but not the field units). Are you hearing any clear transmissions on either side or is it all garble? Pettis SO could've gone the same route. It's been a while since I've been out that way.

626hawkeye

Premium Subscriber
Sedalia PD was using partial encryption (dispatch heard, but not the field units). Are you hearing any clear transmissions on either side or is it all garble? Pettis SO could've gone the same route. It's been a while since I've been out that way.
Sedalia is definitely partial they tend to say "go secure", "going secure" or "secure" before kicking the encryption on. As far as Pettis Sherrifs its just garbled. I've also noticed some digital sounds on sedalia fire so I'm watching that as well.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Sedalia is definitely partial they tend to say "go secure", "going secure" or "secure" before kicking the encryption on. As far as Pettis Sherrifs its just garbled. I've also noticed some digital sounds on sedalia fire so I'm watching that as well.

So basically they're using user-select encryption? Last time I was out there, they had all of the vehicle and portable radios in encrypted mode. Only thing that was clear was the dispatcher consoles.

626hawkeye

Premium Subscriber
Yes. They seem to keep all the good stuff to them though. Lol. There is at least one Sedalia unit that is always encrypted from what I've noticed. It just seems besides MOSWIN Pettis SO went full encrypted but I'm planning to have a scanner on there for a week to see if they are though.

Status
Not open for further replies.