WOW, you actually picked something up??? thats the system that i put into my scanner and never got so much as a control channel and i was sitting right outside their gate trying to pick something up... i even just programmed the channels in conventionally to see if i could get something and couldnt.... let me know how it goes, im really curious what ya get.
2. I sat at the traffic light right in front of the main gate for one light change. All I got was "Finding Control Channel". I even drove around a bit to see if anything would happen, again nothing. Now this could mean a few things:
1. The info in RR is wrong, and that Pfizer changed their frequencies and or system.
2. Nobody was transmitting.
3. Possible encryption? On 463.46250, you hear clicking like someone keying up a mic then releasing it then doing it over and over again then it stops and starts again.
I don't know. I have never been able to hear Pfizer. I have been a scanner owner since early/mid 90's starting with a Uniden Sportcat Twin Turbo handheld, to a Radio Shack Pro-2052 that I got for Christmas years ago to my 396XT that I got at the end of last summer. Never heard a peep from Pfizer. Can hear everybody else but not them.
Well last night was quite interesting in Groton with all the wind and rain, transformers blowing up and or failing, tree limbs taking out phone and power lines. I decieded to go for broke and reprogrammed the Pfizer freqs back in to my scanner using "conventional" instead of edacs. What I found is this:
1. 461.43750 is active and I think security from what I heard.
2. 461.71250 is active, catches things from time to time.
3. 461.98750 is active, security again.
4. 462.35000 not active.
5. 463.21250 is active catched things from time to time.
6. 463.46250 active, nothing heard though(dead air), eventually locked out freq because of this.
7. 463.71250 active, security again.
8. 463.96250 active, catches things from time to time.
9. 464.21250 not active.
10. 464.46250 is a fire/ems simulcast(sp) channel that seems to have nothing to do with Pfizer.
My definition of "things": Possibly maintenance, fire department or transportation.
As of this posting, most of these freqs were active. The folks there are not a very talkative bunch today though.
Pfizer disbanded their trunked system during the merger I think...
461.4625 PL 186.2 - Rebroadcast (or tie-in with rx/tx?) of Groton Fire Alarm Tactical Channel #2 (151.085)
461.9875 PL 186.2 - Possibly Fire Tactical (heard talking about fire panels with Security)
461.4375 PL 186.2 - Fire/Police Dispatch?
463.4625 - Has what sounds like Passport LTR ticks every second, some voice. Most likely the Marcus Communications system in Durham.
462.3500 - Licensed to Pfizer, Electric Boat, and Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation. From what I can tell I am mostly hearing Electric Boat on PL 77.0 but I did see PL 186.2 at one point sounded like Fire/EMS. Transmissions without PL and with the Kenwood FleetSync type ANI is most likely the casino.