PG And E trunked in Eureka,CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

cristisphoto

Whilst looking for Frequencies for control points Specifically in San Francisco,
I came across NOT only a trunked but the control channels apparently are in the 220. Fm range..
How Odd me thinks
anyon else have this programmed in..
Is it used???
WHat are the step,Offset,base etc...
Is it MO ,Edacs
LTR????
anyways
I woud find out myself except I am south ,,,
Regards

Crista

BirkenVogt

We used to have a 220 trunked system around here, however it was a pain to maintain, nobody made parts, it used ACSB instead of FM which is a very poor sounding mode, parts were not available, etc. so we finally ditched it and went to high band FM.

Birken

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Boston has a 220 Narrowband FM trunked system and the older ACSB trunked system. Some operators take the 5 adjancent ACSB channels and make 2 NBFM channels out of them. There is also the AMTS service on 217 MHz which was Maritime but land mobile is allowed.

Around this area 217 and 220 NBFM are Passport Trunked Systems. Here are a few systems in the Northeast.
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=3872
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=3185

Search the 217 - 218 MHz and 220 - 221 MHz bands using a 6.25 KHz step. If you come across a frequency that keeps up every two to four seconds when idle then it is likely a Passport system.

73 Eric

KMA367

Premium Subscriber
cristisphoto said:
I came across NOT only a trunked but the control channels apparently are in the 220. Fm range.. How Odd me thinks anyon else have this programmed in..
Is it used??? WHat are the step,Offset,base etc... Is it MO ,Edacs LTR???? anyways
I woud find out myself except I am south
I'm right here in Humboldt, and have never found any PG&E voice comms other than on VHF high band, simplex, analog. Their only 220 repeater pair in the Eureka area I know of is 220/221.8575, and I've never heard as much as a a peep or a beep on there... it's licensed for 2K80F1D emission. There's another repeater licensed further south in the county down in the boondocks near Bridgeville on 220/221.8575, same emission. I'm way too far from there to hear that one.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
hmarnell said:
I'm right here in Humboldt, and have never found any PG&E voice comms other than on VHF high band, simplex, analog.
Harry, freqs and tone(s)?

PG&E is licensed for a number of things that aren't necessarily for day to day comms (data or telemetry), and stuff isn't even used (800LTR for example) in a majority of their areas.

-Wayne

KMA367

Premium Subscriber
wayne_h said:
Harry, freqs and tone(s)?
I don't have the tones handy, though 100.0 & CSQ seem familiar.

158.13 appears to be the primary freq in the Eureka north area, and possibly 158.25 Eureka south. During windstorms and the like is about the only time they use much else.

Last New Year's, for about two weeks after our freak mini-Katrina - http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/eka/misc/windstorm.htm - they were also heard using
153.515 (Willow Creek area?)
153.575 (quite busy "truck-to-truck" stuff)
158.25 (used to hear this in Eureka, still used?)
158.265 (Security? at the "missing nuclear rods" power plant??) - http://www.mindfully.org/Nucs/2004/Eureka-Waste-Mystery29aug04.htm

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
hmarnell said:
I don't have the tones handy, though 100.0 & CSQ seem familiar.
Thanks.

The Construction freq (575) is normally programmed with CSQ. Other than that the common tones are 103.5, 127.3, 85.4, 100.0, and 110.9Hz.

-Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.