PG P25 fleetmap and MED/HOSP talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

troymail

Silent Key
Re: http://wiki.radioreference.com/images/c/c7/PGFD_Zone_Map.JPG

1. This morning I heard a medical unit talking to DOCTORS COMMUNITY HOSPITAL on TGID 1117 which I originally suspected was 8B11 since it is listed as "DCH". But then I wondered - maybe they were using MED1, MED2, or MED5 patch.... Does anyone have more details on this? Are the dedicated TGs not fully up yet and units are still using MEDx vs. the hospital TGs on the FLEETMAP -- or, another guess is the unit might have been unit an old radio on a MED channel that was patched to the new P25 system.... thoughts?

2. What is the difference between the 8Bx EMS medical/hospital taglkgroups and the similar ones in the 8Ex HOSP range? I'm guessing TDMA vs. FDMA channels.... but again, only a guess.

3. Any word on full cutover?

Thanks

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I think it will start with 'where did the UHF frequencies go? I can't hear the system anymore' and go from there, sadly. If the email Alan had on Scan-DC is correct, the first full day on the new system will be around November 1st.

Prepare for 'Why can't my (list all the digital scanners except for the PSR-800) hear the system anymore?' too, I'm afraid....best regards..Mike

chief34a

Troymail's answers:

1. 8B5 is the EMRC Call channel, 8B6 thru 8B8 is the three call channels that are in use in the county.

2. The 8BXX hospital talkgroups are the in county hospitals. 8E talkgroups are out of county hospitals using the approate local jurisdictions radio system.

3. Like Mike said, some time in early November. No date has been set as of right now. (subject to change without notice)

troymail

Silent Key
Troymail's answers:

1. 8B5 is the EMRC Call channel, 8B6 thru 8B8 is the three call channels that are in use in the county.

2. The 8BXX hospital talkgroups are the in county hospitals. 8E talkgroups are out of county hospitals using the approate local jurisdictions radio system.

3. Like Mike said, some time in early November. No date has been set as of right now. (subject to change without notice)

Thanks - follow up:

1. Are units able to use the 8B hospital groups or are they still only using the MED channels (8B5 - 8B8)? Why would they use one verses the other?

2. Some of the same hospitals are listed in the 8E talkgroups as the ones in 8B - not sure I understand why they are in both places.

3. What does "using the local jurisdiction's radio system" mean? I assume this means that if a PG unit is in DC, they can switch to a 8E talkgroup which is actually the hospital channel on the DC radio system for that hospital -- is that correct?

Thanks again

chief34a

1. Right now they are using the MED "channels" to talk to the hospitals. Once the changeover takes place they will use the direct talkgroup to call hospitals. A couple of the counties in the state use the direct route because of the sheer number of calls they run and they don't want to overload EMRC since it covers the entire state.

2. Have no idea why they duplicated some of the hospitals.

3. You are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.