pge 217 MHz system manual entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm

Does anyone have the LCN info for manually setting up the PGE 217 Mhz DMR system? Im entering the infor for Salem area in a bcd325p2 and I don't have my proscan or ARC software oon this pc.

I have the dmr key but there isn't any lcn info and when setting the system frequencies there isn't even a control channel for the salem eagle creest site either.

This my first time setting up a trunked DMR system

mm

Me thinks its just too simple and I was making things overly complicated.

I think it is as simple as programming a single frequency DMR trunk system with 217.04375 as the CC which seems to work and none of that LCN nonsense required, either but if there's anything that I am missing please jump in with recommendations.

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
Setup as system type: mototrbo. When you enter the frequency, the next next page will ask for lcn. Just remember to program all voice channels as well

u2brent

OAMPT
CH ID is the LCN# (or it's supposed to be)
CH IDFrequencyColor Code
It needs to be programmed as MotoTRBO Trunk to work properly.

Note: Color Code 0 is not a wildcard value for DMR although sentinel seems to treat it as such.. (Color Code Search is incorrect for any site that has color code 0, Somebody at Uniden should be made aware of this DB issue)

@JoeBearcat
1614022398140.png

Last edited:

mm

Thanks everyone,

I wasn't aware that I could click on the frequencies/sites in Rad reference for a system and obtain the coverage, LCN, color code and additional info.

I don't use RR that much but now that I see how it works it is very thorough in the information.

mm

interestin observation,

I have the BCD325p2 radio programmed as above with the color code set to 0 for all 4 channels listed above the radio is set to Motrbotrunk the 4 channels entered in with the LCN's of 4, 14, 24 and 34 but the only channel that my radio will stop on is the first channel 217.04375 MHz CC0 LCN4 all the others even if they have traffic on them at a given time the radio does not stop on them when scanning the dmr trunk system setup as above.

The way I confirmed that the other 3 channels are active at any given time while the BCD325p2 misses these 3 other frequencies is with a second dmr radio set to conventionally scan the other 3 channels 217.16875, 217.29375 and 217.41875 which the bcd325p2 misses.

If I place the BCD325 radio in hold while scanning this DMR trunk system and select the corresponding channel matching my conventional radios frequency then I hear activity but not when scanning, the radio only catches voice traffic when scanning if it is on 217.04375 so I'm thinking something in the LCN order is wrong.

Using an outside antenna and I'm 3 miles LOs to eagle crest and it isn't a sensitivity or overload issue either as I tried a few inline attenuators to check this out and the radios RSSI indicator is full strength.

I programmed in the talkgroups that I see on the upper 3 channels that my conventional hears fine but the BCD325p2 never stops on and I tried SEARCH and SCAN modes but still it only stops on the first channel 217.04375 MHz. Both hold mode on my bcd325p2 and conventional scan on my other radio show Color Code of 0 correctly so it looks like a LCN issue so what software should I be using to look at the control channel data to figure out the LCN order?

mm

Also the radio has the most recent firmware update performed 2 days ago which was required to obtain the DMR keys which I never initially purchased.

and nothing is locked out on any TG's or on the 3 problem frequencies

Last edited:

u2brent

OAMPT
You could program the one site your picking up as a DMR One Frequency System. (instead of MotoTRBO Trunk)
This should allow you to hear any traffic on the frequencies. (LCN's are ignored and the scanner just looks for voice traffic on the frequencies)
You would also need to create one department in the system to add TG's to and it must contain at least one TG to start (You could add all the TG's from the database or just a couple to see if it even works) Leaving the ID Search option on (aka wildcard) to find any active TG's.
Unfortunately your model doesn't have an LCN finder tool. (As I understand it)
The LCN's listed in the DB may not be correct.
If you have an SDR and software like DSD+ you could see what the channel numbers are (LSN's) and convert those to the LCN's the scanner is looking for.
Or perhaps you happen to know someone that owns a newer model scanner that has the LCN Finder to see what it finds. I know the Uniden x36's and SDS scanners have one.

Best of Luck!

mm

I set the system up both ways and the only that sorta works but only on the first freq and only with motrbotrunk, single freq trunk didn't work.

Ok on using a simple sdr dongle, I pulled out my sdr usb receiver and I'll run dsd+ and see what I can figure out.

mm

So far it only works if I scan conventionally each channel in DMR but if I do this then I can't monitor any activity on the CC 217.04375 MHz even on the system set as Mototrbo trunk but if I hold on a frequency in the system that is setup as Mototrbo trunk then I hear the dmr audio but it will not properly scan and stop on an active freq or talkgroup in the trbo trunk system.

All other types of trunking systems work fine in scan mode just on mototrbo DMR trunk nor single freq DMR trunk on conventional scanning for DMR works.

Very wierd maybe it is due for a full radio reset if nothing else works.

u2brent

OAMPT
I don't know for sure, maybe the scanner just doesn't like/handle DMR Tier 3 Trunking well, but knowing the correct LCN would be a big step in verifying that. I wish I could provide better insight.
If anybody else is following this and has some input, Now would be a great time to chime in.. :LOL:

u2brent

OAMPT
(y)
I wouldn't hold my breath for any advances in FW. (But it's possible)
I'd start saving for an SDS :geek: Or the next big thing :unsure:

mm

It wasn't a FW issue with the bcd325P2, it was the Salem Eagles Crest site issue.

I programmed in the Bald peak site and it now works fine, there's something with the Salem site on eagles crest and it's probably a LCN issue.

One a second note I started using a Motorola APX dual band antenna for VHF/700/800 MHz borrowed from one of my APX radios and the performance is very good with the BCD325P2, on 700/800 , VHF P25 phase I and II systems along with the PGE 217 MHz DMR Bald Peak site along with PGE Rose city sites the radios now works very well on all systems monitored.

kd7jfv

Database Admin
I'm getting DMR T3 on 217.060 in Salem. Nothing on the listed PGE frequencies for the Eagle Crest Site. Can you try 217.060 as a control channel and see if that fixes the problem?

kd7jfv

Database Admin
Ok, so the above frequency, 217.060 is actually 217.0625 with LCN 10 CC 0. This appears to be the Rose City Core Building frequency but with a different LCN number.

Last edited:

kd7jfv

Database Admin
I ran LCN finder on the Eagle Crest site, control channel 217.04375 with the listed frequencies and what is in the database is accurate for LCN's. The site number was not accurate so I changed that, but scanners don't care about the site number. I'm going to run the LCN finder on the rest of the sites and see what i can verify. Also, I've come up with two additional sites that are not listed. I'm picking these up in NE Salem. These sites are not very close as I have low RX quality.

Site 2
2​
217.06875C​
217.19375​
217.31875​
217.44375​

Site 15
15​
217.09375C​
217.21875​
217.34375​
217.46875​