Pharr and Edinburg PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Another thing:

Make sure you are programming these as two completely separate P25 Auto systems. Each one will need the Group- Wildcard to pick up new talkgroups.

dsvm2005

OK i had them together i have changed them to 2 separate systems so far still haven't heard anything will keep you posted

thanks

dsvm2005

dsvm2005

Ok i think i have to come to a conclusion that the pharr and edinburg area are going to be encripted the reason is that on frequency 866.90000 when i am in the analyzing place i got to hear someone talk and then after that i heard static and bleeping. I have tried everything from the modes from p25 auto to ltr and dont seam to get anything other than someone calling someone and then it cust off. But that is once in awhile.

Now i dont know anything about encription but thats what i think. How do you know if its encripted does it show something on the display?

AFTER I POSTED THIS I HEARD A WILLIAM 9 EDINBURG AND THEN AFTER THAT I HEARD THE STATIC AND BEEPS. FIGURED I ADD THIS.

oh one other thing i have the gre-500 and a pro-97 i put the gre-500 on P25 and the pro-97 on FM mode and when i get to hear something it comes in on both scanners without problem. Now i do recognize the dispatcher since i hear her when theres a fire in edinburg she is the one that also dispatches them too.

sorry i also heard some spanish people talking on that same frequency

Last edited:

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
That's typical of an EDACS ProVoice system. You're hearing the digital when paused on a channel (it sounds like encrytpion). Then you hear beeps at the end of a transmission, from all EDACS Systems. When an analog transmission comes up, you'll hear the voice (you can hear PV analog voice).

Your 97 would probably also get the analog voice as well from a PV system.

dsvm2005

yeah well i give up on it i got excited when i read here that it was System Type: Project 25 Phase I (FDMA) i thought i was going to be able to hear it. RR can put on it that its encrypted. Oh one other thing too. the control channels on this site says that 866.9000 but i hear static and where it tells you what type of system is on 867.9000 is that correct or it doesnt matter?

thank you for your help on this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.