Pharr and Edinburg PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsvm2005

I have read that that Pharr pd has aready switched to the P25 according to this website. I have already programmed the frequencies that I found on this site. The thing is that I have not heard anything on those channels at all. Is there something I am not doing right on my scanner. I have the GRE-500 and my scanner is programmed with the WIN500 software.

Has anyone heard anything there?

Thank you

Dsvm2005

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
You need to make sure that the system is programmed in as P25-AUTO, and that you have the active control channels entered into the frequency list. All the 500 needs is the control frequencies, and it does the rest. You should then also have a "Wildcard" talkgroup programmed into whatever bank you are scanning that is searching the Pharr/Edinburg system. If all that is done correctly, and you hear nothing, that either means that they are not fully switched over or they are running encryption. Let's hope it is not the latter.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
You should then also have a "Wildcard" talkgroup programmed into whatever bank you are scanning that is searching the Pharr/Edinburg system.

If programming this one talkgroup by hand, make sure before you hit "Save" that this object is assigned to a trunked system- it will save you some headaches.

If all that is done correctly, and you hear nothing, that either means that they are not fully switched over or they are running encryption. Let's hope it is not the latter.

If they were running encryption the PSR500 would still pass the audio and you could hear the encrypted garbage.

dsvm2005

ok i have made the above changes and so far i havent heard anything not even a beep lol yet have been monitoring for about 2 hrs. will keep monitoring will keep you guys posted.

any other thoughts?

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Manually go to the Wildcard object, under that "TSYS" will appear as the F2 button. Press "TSYS." From there "Analyze" will appear as the F3 button, press "Analyze." Now you can manually scroll through each frequency until you find the control channel. When you get to the control channel the PSR500 will pass the audio and give you other information such as signal strength. Make sure you are actually getting the control channel.

dsvm2005

ok i went to manually do the above intructions and on the 1st frequency which is 866.937500 i get
sy:3BC R001 S001 98% N578 W:92582 and then on frequency 866.90000 i dont hear anything just once in a while i will hear static follow with beeps and then it goes quite. on the top of the screen i have
G and then next line TS-0028 P25 Au1

I hope this helps let me know what other stuff i could do

Thank you

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
ok i went to manually do the above intructions and on the 1st frequency which is 866.937500 i get
sy:3BC R001 S001 98% N578 W:92582 and then on frequency 866.90000 i dont hear anything just once in a while i will hear static follow with beeps and then it goes quite. on the top of the screen i have
G and then next line TS-0028 P25 Au1

I hope this helps let me know what other stuff i could do

Thank you

If you are getting the system ID, which is 3BC, and especially at 98%, you are in fact scanning the control channel without any problem. Also, if you are scanning the Wildcard talkgroup, which is programmed to follow the Pharr/Edinburg TSYS, and you are still hearing nothing, then the system is just quiet or unused right now.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
If they were running encryption the PSR500 would still pass the audio and you could hear the encrypted garbage.

Hmm, I didn't know that. Wait, yes I did! But I don't have to many encrypted P25 systems around here to listen to, and the last time I heard it was listening to the new HIDTA talkgroups coming on in Houston.

dsvm2005

ok i monitored today all day long and did not get anything at all on the Pharr and Edinburg frequencies.

I wonder if i have to put the input frequencies too for it to work?

will keep you guys posted if anything changes.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
I wonder if i have to put the input frequencies too for it to work?

Nope.

How about this. Go back to the TSYS Menu (Pgm > Edit > TSYS) and fill in the blanks below for us:

Type: ?
Tag: not needed
Frequencies: (just make sure these match what the RR db has)
L/Out: Off
**Expert Below**
Atten: ?
Narrow FM: ?
Audio Boost: ?
Dwell: ?
DIG AGC: ?
Super Track: ?
Multi-Site: ?
T Tables: ?
Fleet Map: ?
**end**

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
dsvm,

Have you tried this as analog yet? Wouldn't hurt- if you're scanner was set to P25 for the system it would not track the analog TRS if it was still operating in analog- and by the sounds of it- you're getting the control channel real well.

I'm not going to even mention what my next guess would be (noticing this is an EDACS system)...

dsvm2005

I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR THE PAINTIANCE THAT YOU HAVE ON THIS.

OK HERE IT GOES THATS WHAT I HAVE ON THE PHARR/ EDINBURG BANK

Type: P25 AUTO
Tag: not needed
Frequencies: CH01:866.937500 CH02:866.900000
L/Out: Off
**Expert Below**
Atten: OFF
Narrow FM: NO
Audio Boost: OFF
Dwell: 0
DIG AGC: ON
Super Track: ON
Multi-Site: ROAM
T Tables: DEFAULT
Fleet Map: DOESNT HAVE A FLEET MAP

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Try EDACS STD for analog.

Also, any reason why you have the Multi-Site set to "Roam?" With only one site in the Edinburg EDACS, you wouldn't need roam, as far as I know. "Off" should be selected.

dsvm2005

That was the way it was when i used the software i havent done anything to it manually other than what you asked for. Its a brand new scanner let me change it and will let you know if there anything changing

thanks

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
dvsm,

If you are trying to program the Pharr City Services, the mention of ProVoice is in there.

If they are moving to digital ProVoice you're pretty much SOL. If they are moving to a P25 capable trunking system (which digital ProVoice is not) then we should still be able to figure this out.

Make sure you have all the frequencies in order (whether the 500 needs them all or not, it doesn't hurt to have them all, especially when you're trying to go through them manually).

If you're trying to program the Edinburg TRS, the comment says it is digital ProVoice (and again, you'd be SOL).

Status
Not open for further replies.