BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Phase 1 vs. Phase 2 Performance Difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredva

Feed Provider
My local county has a relatively new P25 simulcast system, on which I monitor the fire/EMS talkgroups. The fire/EMS dispatch talkgroup is Phase 2, while the fireground channels are Phase 1. The 436 seems to handle the Phase 2 talkgroup pretty well, but the Phase 1 fireground channels can be a little broken. I'd try to describe the broken transmissions as very quick alternation between hearing the audio and then missing the audio, with the missing pieces being less than a quarter second each time, perhaps measured in milliseconds.

I'm familiar with simulcast issues. In this case, the whole system is simulcast but different talkgroups are received differently. Could the difference be Phase 1 vs. Phase 2? And if so, might there be a solution or workaround?

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
I can tell you for me P2 is incredibly louder than P1 traffic on my 536. I mean blast you out of the car loud on the same audio setting as P1.

Don't know what it is. That's on Franklin's vs Roanoke's system.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It's differences in the system configurations, nothing to do with Phase I or II.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Talk volume depends on each individual radio, as well as system settings. It is common for radio TX volumes to vary within a single talkgroup. Comparing two entirely different systems is pointless.

fredva

Feed Provider
There are variations in volume on my scanner, but that's not really the issue I'm most concerned about. My issue is more of a decoding or transmission clarity issue. Listening to a single system but different talkgroups.

Status
Not open for further replies.