• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Phase 2 Harris NAS

Using an APX6000, can NAS any Motorola system just fine. Having trouble with scanning a Harris system though. Have finally been able to get it to land on an active channel, but no audio, and no radio IDs received. TGs in question are not encrypted, my SDS100 sitting next to the APX receives it clear as day.

TheRadioGuru

Sounds like you need to check your band plan as Harris often uses odd ones and not the "standard" Motorola P25 template. You will need to verify this with something like a real scanner or SDR dongle and software.

nikronzo

if its a 7/8 Moto system, it will use the standard Motorola Band plan, the subscriber doesn't matter. If you have successfully used an APX, the band plan will be the same in the Harris radio.
If you are not receiving audio, check your system parameters. Site NAC, RFSS ID, Site ID, and so on. Verify they have been inputted in the correct format, IE Hex or Decimal, RPM help menus will guide as to what options need to be put in Hex vs Dec

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
What system? RRDB now has band plan tables for some sites. Might be useful to post this in the geographic area-specific forum.

if its a 7/8 Moto system, it will use the standard Motorola Band plan, the subscriber doesn't matter. If you have successfully used an APX, the band plan will be the same in the Harris radio.
If you are not receiving audio, check your system parameters. Site NAC, RFSS ID, Site ID, and so on. Verify they have been inputted in the correct format, IE Hex or Decimal, RPM help menus will guide as to what options need to be put in Hex vs Dec

I am attempting to use a moto to monitor a Harris system. I have been successful with standard moto band plan using my Harris radio, but no go on the APX. Messing around with the band plan, I now have it like I said, its landing on channels, but no IDs or audio are coming through.

TJX400

The best way to gather this information is to purchase an SDR tuner (most are less than $30). You can connect it to your computer, and run SDRTrunk. It will show you the band plan.

TJX400

Also, if you're referring to this system; it appears to manufactured by Motorola. Harris systems typically have a WACN with numbers and SYSID of 00A, Motorola systems usually have a WACN of BEE00, and alphanumeric SYSID. I still strongly advise to use an SDR to decode the CC to find the band plan. It's possible it's different because of the fact that it has to flip back and fourth between FDMA and TDMA depending on if FDMA subscribers are affiliated.

Also, if you're referring to this system; it appears to manufactured by Motorola. Harris systems typically have a WACN with numbers and SYSID of 00A, Motorola systems usually have a WACN of BEE00, and alphanumeric SYSID. I still strongly advise to use an SDR to decode the CC to find the band plan. It's possible it's different because of the fact that it has to flip back and fourth between FDMA and TDMA depending on if FDMA subscribers are affiliated.

This is the system I am referring to. State of Georgia Atlanta Trunked Radio System Trunking System, Atlanta, Georgia

I have an SDR dongle, just lacking the knowledge to properly set it up apparently.

nikronzo

again, if your APX6000 is scanning and unmuting the system, your Bandplan in the harris radio is gonna be the same!!!

again, if your APX6000 is scanning and unmuting the system, your Bandplan in the harris radio is gonna be the same!!!

The bizarre thing is, I do have an XG-100P that monitors the system in question just fine using a standard Motorola band plan, but the APX does not. But by changing the band plan many times just guessing based off other Harris systems, I have it "half" working as described above.

After successfully finding the band plan with SDRtrunk, I corrected the issue, and now have it working on the APX.

I will submit the band plan to the DB for anyone else in need of it.

Thank You everyone for your help and guidance!