ARC536: Phase-2 Trunking System issue on ARC-536

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
Gommert,

I'm not sure if this has been brought to your data engineer people but for some reason when I use ARC-536 Pro to Import any P25 Phase-2 systems using the RR Import it is putting it in ARC-536 as a P25 X2-TDMA system, which they aren't because that was specific to Motorola's proprietary X2 TDMA system used years ago before Phase-2 P25 was finalized as a technology. As I am aware X2 isn't used anymore, around my area at least. I'm assuming this should really be imported as a P25 Standard system so your guys might wanna fix that. Thanks.

jjbond

Banned
Banned
Gommert,

I'm not sure if this has been brought to your data engineer people but for some reason when I use ARC-536 Pro to Import any P25 Phase-2 systems using the RR Import it is putting it in ARC-536 as a P25 X2-TDMA system, which they aren't because that was specific to Motorola's proprietary X2 TDMA system used years ago before Phase-2 P25 was finalized as a technology. As I am aware X2 isn't used anymore, around my area at least. I'm assuming this should really be imported as a P25 Standard system so your guys might wanna fix that. Thanks.

Happened to me last night, took hours to figure out what was going on... very frustrating... not sure why they would change the data coming from RR, put it in a no longer used format and then write it... I thought the import from RR had integrity and was not changed in Arc, apparently that's not the case which causes me concern. As a result I won't be purchasing (i was in the trial period).

jjbond

Banned
Banned
Thanks we will verify this and change in the next build.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

Such a critical bug? How often do you do builds, this is a reproducable failure,.... your change to the X2 TDMA format causes failure to decode/function... interesting support model.... glad I downloaded the evaluation copy..

Jen

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
ProScan is superior software to Butel's offerings, and the ProScan author is extremely quick to address bugs and functionality issues, as well as to consider feature requests. ProScan is continuously evolving with new versions released quite frequently, especially if a significant bug is found, it is addressed ASAP.

$50 for fully functional ProScan which includes scanner programming/database, logging/recording, virtual control with integrated web server, remote scanner over IP, Broadcastify streaming client, etc. And it works with nearly every Uniden model; there is no need to purchase separate software packages for different series like is required with Butel.

Compare that with $70 for a copy of ARC536Pro which lacks most of those features and has inferior virtual control/logging/recording.

The choice is clear, and no I don't get a commission from Bob for recommending ProScan. Just a long time and highly satisfied customer who doesn't like to see people spend $20 more on an inferior product. ;)

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
I actually have both paid versions of ProScan and ARC-536, I've just always used ARC for my programming. Haven't tried ProScan yet for programming...

Status
Not open for further replies.