Phase II audio quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Anyone listening to New Britain Phase II system? I hear the FD but the audio sounds severely compressed. Any suggestions as to better hearing the system?

MFCJR

I montior New Britain. The audio on my 536HP is very compressed. I'm not sure how that could be changed. The audio on my PSR-800 sounds much better with New Britain and picks up the voice faster. We can only hope that a fix is in the works from Uniden.

Mork

Premium Subscriber
What do you mean the audio sounds compressed? It sounds fine here in New Hartford.

MFCJR

I didn't think New Britain could be picked up that far away. That's great. I'm not sure how to describe the audio, But it's not that good. Sometimes it's somewhat clear but mostly muffled sounding and im here in New Britain. It sounds much better on my PSR-800.

Mike

cg

Premium Subscriber
In New Hartford you may be getting only one site and not be dealing with any simulcast type interference like someone much closer might.

chris

Mork

Premium Subscriber
I have tested both units in various locations in and around NB, Hartford and up here in the NW corner and found no problem except for the encrypted comms being annoying as heck to monitor a mixed channel.

PhillyPhoto

I just picked up a BCD436HP from Lentini's in Berlin. Driving back on Rt-9 I picked up New Britain a couple times and it sounded fine. I've heard P2 on an APX and it does sound different than P1. But remember, it's putting out the same voice in half the bandwidth so it will sound slighty different. I don't go near NB enough to do testing in different areas, but what I heard sounded fine. That was also straight out of the box using the full DB + zip code.

MFCJR

Sounds good PhillyPhoto. I heard them 800 antenna's work good. I was under the impression from what I had read that New Britain's new system would not be picked up much beyond it's borders. Im glad that is not true.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.