Phase II (Need new handheld Radio)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowfront

Premium Subscriber
I wish there was an "instant delivery" option. I haven't been this hyped to get my hands on something in awhile.

I have the BCT8 and BC125AT so this SDS100 will be much more advanced tech. I had a ST-2 AntennaCraft antenna awhile ago but no longer have it.

I did order the REMTRONIX SMA !

baj76

Uniden fanboy
I wish there was an "instant delivery" option. I haven't been this hyped to get my hands on something in awhile.

I have the BCT8 and BC125AT so this SDS100 will be much more advanced tech. I had a ST-2 AntennaCraft antenna awhile ago but no longer have it.

I did order the REMTRONIX SMA !
REMTRONIX SMA works great..i love it

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987

Lowfront

Premium Subscriber
Also Lowfront, if you haven't already done so, download the SDS-100/200 Sentinel Software and piddle around with it so when your scanner does arrive, you'll have a basic understanding of how the programming works.

Thanks @NWI_Scanner_Guy I wasn't sure if I needed to register radio first. Good to know. I got lucky and I live near scannermaster. I only had to wait 24 hours to get the radio. Should be here today!

Lowfront

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know if purchasing an upgrade would do me any good on the sds100? I'm in Central MA. Not so swift with figuring out the new tech. Sounds like a lot of the stuff you can upgrade is encrypted anyways? Thank you!

Lowfront

Premium Subscriber
Alright lads I got to say I love this radio.

It's my first digital radio and I can't get over how good the sound quality is. What a game changer!

Form factor, recording abilities, battery life, all hit my needs.

I bought screen protectors, soft leather case, REMTRONIX antenna, and spare big battery + external charger.

Priority scan with interval options is very welcoming.
The ability to set tones and have flashing lights per channel is highly used already (LOVE THIS FEATURE)

The only feature that is missing is the ability to only record certain channels. I would love to be able to run this and only record 2 or 3 channels. I do know there are ways around this with software of course but seems like a doable option that even firmware update could fix.

Thanks for all the help guys. Wowzer I'm thrilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.