Phase II updates with MPSCS?

jkenyon7

Premium Subscriber
Hi all, I don't usually get involved in any forums or threads here as I just mainly keep up with system updates either in Michigan which is where I am originally from, or Western New York which is where I live now. With all of that being said, I was just wondering what users on the Michigan MPSCS have starting using Phase II talkgroups? I read that Oakland County was going to be using mostly Phase II and I keep tabs on the updates to the system in the database, but haven't seen very _y additions to the list of groups for Oakland County.

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
That addition to the system is not operating yet. Some users have reported seeing it sporadically on the air -presumably for testing. Even when online, I'm not sure how many talkgroups will be in the DB as it is rumored to be encrypted.

jkenyon7

Premium Subscriber
That addition to the system is not operating yet. Some users have reported seeing it sporadically on the air -presumably for testing. Even when online, I'm not sure how many talkgroups will be in the DB as it is rumored to be encrypted.
I didn't think that anything was on there for testing, and as of recent, I've seen a bunch of talkgroups for Oakland County, and most of them are for mutual aide and honespitals and radio techs. One thing I miss about Michigan and monitoring there is the ability to throw the rig into ID search on the MPSCS and just see what talkgroup becomes active. When I lived in Michigan, I lived in Grosse Pointe, and they've been on MPSCS since late 2012 and I had a chance to monitor them for a week in 2013. I even managed to monitor it with my Pro-96 which was and still is suffering from a broken antenna connector, but I didn't care about any other site other then the one in Grosse Pointe and I was able to monitor it. So, are there any other phase II users on MPSCS? I have bebeable to monitor briefly with my SDSBLEAJJ as I've had a few layovers in Detroit. The Detroit MPSCS as well as Macomb MPSCS sites were a chore to listen to with the 96 and its poor performance with simulcast but the SDS100 performed beautiful.

hruskacha

Premium Subscriber
Muskegon County has had a TDMA (Phase 2) bandplan active on their system for about a year now, but no phase 2 traffic YET.....