PHI Air Med 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLTX11

Wonder what the outcome will be as to why it went down

BTW, this is the correct forum to post it in don't know why you put it in the General Tx forum 2 hours later.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
This hits home. I have met the crew that was killed during LZ setups in the past. My thoughts and prayers are with the families of the crew and patient. God bless them. :(

VictorXray

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
CLTX11 said:
BTW, this is the correct forum to post it in don't know why you put it in the General Tx forum 2 hours later.
Very hypocritical comment, coming from someone who just whined on the DFWScan group about unfriendly and "put down" replies. I also don't see Admin or Moderator next to your name.

CLTX11

Very hypocritical comment, coming from someone who just whined on the DFWScan group about unfriendly and "put down" replies. I also don't see Admin or Moderator next to your name.

At least I contributed to the thread, made a statement and asked him a question. Looks like you had nothing constructive to say about thread, you are the one hi-jacking it.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
PHI Med 12: RIP (2005-2008)

Memorial service was at 1:00 today. They had a huge procession from Coulter Field to First Baptist Church in Bryan. I heard there were officers and medics from as far away as Houston. The church is behind a Lowe's hardware store, and I also heard someone say that they had all of the employees out in the parking lot waving American flags.

Last edited:

rbarker

Robert
Why it went down ?

I haven't seen anyone comment on why or how the aircraft went down? My friend in Houston said LifeFlight was asked to transport this patient and refused due to weather conditions. Was it raining or fog or what?

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I haven't seen anyone comment on why or how the aircraft went down? My friend in Houston said LifeFlight was asked to transport this patient and refused due to weather conditions. Was it raining or fog or what?

I don't quite remember, but they said the lack of night vision goggles might have contributed. However, it might be a year or more before the final report is released (in other words, if you want to know what happened and why, be prepared to wait a LONG time...)

musicman476

RR DB Admin
Database Admin
Do the PHI pilots ever use Night Vision goggles? That's a new one for me. I spent a bit of time peeking around Med 2's cockpit at a public display and never saw anything resembling those.

AvGal

Men, are we seriously arguing on a thread discussing the RECENTLY deceased?
What is your problem? DO YOU HAVE NO HEART?

Do you not realize, through your problems and pride...that family and friends keep a mindful watch?

THIS is the grieving...this is pain.

Keep your petty arguments to the sport's chatrooms.

This is quite saddening...

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
I would like to offer my late condolances to the familys of the PHI AirMed crew. A very unfortunate and sad accident.

According to news reports, the helicopter was totally destroyed. Because of this fact, investigators may never be able to figure out exactly what went wrong. But lets hope, however, that they can so pilots in the future can learn from any mistakes that were made so they arn't repeated.

Mark

af5rn

I was in that area that night/morning. There was no inclement weather at that time that I am aware of, and saw no rain at all until two days later. Never noticed any fog or other visibility limitations. EMS friends in the area say it was indeed complete devastation.

Adios, Wayne, Jana, and Stephanie. See you at the big one.

Kingwood77339

Premium Subscriber
Med 12

First off, you NEVER speculate about the cause of a crash, there are just too many things (especially on a helicopter) that can go wrong and cause a crash. It's poor form, and it does nothing for the grieving friends and families. I had worked on the ambulance numerous times with the Flight Nurse, Jana, and she will be sorely missed.

On a more technical, less personal note, all PHI aircraft are NVG ready. Meaning that all of the airframes have had the cockpit lights and gauges changed out for NVG. In south Texas, I believe there are only three that currently have NVG in use. (Conroe, La Port, Victoria (I think)) There is a backlog because of the military and tons of Air Medical programs buying them up. My understanding is that Phi is able to get about 6 pairs of NVG's a quarter, and spread over 60+ bases nationwide, it's going to take a while to get everyone up.

af5rn

While I understand and appreciate the sentiment, I would respectfully disagree with you. Speculation is human nature, and I am positive that you yourself are doing it right this minute. So long as it is clear that anything said is only speculation, there is no harm in it. In fact, it is a healthy outlet.

Investigators and officials may be under such restraints, but we are just hobbyists here. There is no reason we cannot discuss the news events of the day and speculate on them.

CLTX11

Did the heli leave Scott & White Hospital in Temple?

I haven't read that anywhere, a friend mentioned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.