PHI London and Monticello

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgossage

Looking for the freqs to monitor for these bases. Can't find them listed in the database here. Didn't know if anyone has had any luck on picking them up. Thanks.

sound_efex

From the FCC

London
159.4800 repeater
153.3200 input

Monticello
154.5050 repeater
159.9600 input

If you can confirm this as active, please submit it to the database with as much info as you can.

There are listings for London and Harlan Co. here. What is the status of these freqs.?

jgossage

I will monitor those and return anything I get. Thanks for that.

The Air Methods London tower is good, as well as Air Evac Harlan.

The Air Evac 14 Albany ops tower however, the frequencys are good. I can hear them get dispatched and talk on channel. But about every 3-4 seconds, there is a squelch break, only lasting a second. Kinda sounds like an electric fence is causing interference. It's that rhythmic. Not sure what would be causing it though. Don't think its my radio. Picked it up on a 780xlt, bct15, bc796d, and a bct8. It sounds identical on all.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
From the FCC

London
159.4800 repeater
153.3200 input

Monticello
154.5050 repeater
159.9600 input

If you can confirm this as active, please submit it to the database with as much info as you can.

There are listings for London and Harlan Co. here. What is the status of these freqs.?

That is what I am waiting for.... confirmation that they are on the air with tones, if possible.... As always, thanx for everyone's ears out there!

The Air Evac 14 Albany ops tower however, the frequencys are good. I can hear them get dispatched and talk on channel. But about every 3-4 seconds, there is a squelch break, only lasting a second. Kinda sounds like an electric fence is causing interference. It's that rhythmic. Not sure what would be causing it though. Don't think its my radio.
It isn't your radio.... I have locked out 152.95250 Air Evac Lifeteam 14 Operations-Albany Operations because of the pager sounds, etc.... do you hear any audible traffic on this one or just the 153.3800? Let me know what you hear thru a submission and I'll clean it up... I, too, am a Med Evac fan!

Last edited:

jgossage

The 152.9525 does have audible traffic specific to AirEvac 14 Albany. They have a pager test every morning at 0900 eastern (+ or - 5 minutes). All of their tones and traffic is on this channel. I can confirm this.
The 153.800 is specific to AirEvac 43 in Campbellsville. Their pager test is around the same time every morning. They just go across the region...Albany, Campbellsville, Williamsburg, Danville, etc...., from their primary ops center in MO.

It isn't your radio.... I have locked out 152.95250 Air Evac Lifeteam 14 Operations-Albany Operations because of the pager sounds, etc.... do you hear any audible traffic on this one or just the 153.3800? Let me know what you hear thru a submission and I'll clean it up... I, too, am a Med Evac fan![/QUOTE]

_Bj_

From the FCC

London
159.4800 repeater
153.3200 input

Monticello
154.5050 repeater
159.9600 input

159.4800 is good I have heard Phi 2 London dispatched from it the last couple of days

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
I have monitored traffic on most of the medevac freqs in the eastern half of Kentucky.... some recently a few long ago.... sometimes you'll need to be close to the base or chopper to hear anything. Good luck and remember to submit new info!

Status
Not open for further replies.