PHI North Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
159.99000 WPZR839 BM 412 DPL PHI Dallas PHI Air Med - Dallas (Downtown) FM EMS Dispatch

Above is the Information for PHI Dallas The license shows this specific chopper to be based at "Downtown Dallas" However, Tonight PHI Med-2 was Dispatched to Leonard TX, for a Transport of a MVA victem. Fortunatly I caught both Convo's on FCSO and PHI's Channel, which is the one listed above. However, PHI Med-2 was Dispatched from MCKINNEY and flew to Baylor Dallas. AND was in Constant Contact with PHEONIX Operations. There was ALSO bleedover between the Bird and Op's which was More PHI Dallas area traffic, I suspect on various tones. My PHI is on My Icom mobile so I can't search for PL tones.

Thus, Might it be possible PHI Dispatches MOST of its North Texas Traffic on 159.9900 and NOT all the other frequencies listed? I have NEVER heard traffic on the 160Mhz frequency listed for PHI at McKinney, TX. I ALWAYS hear PHI Med-1 & 2 on 159.9900 reguardless of the incident location in North Texas. Additionally I wonder, Where is their Dispatch facility actually located? when hearing "PHEONIX Operations" one would speculate this is Pheonix, Az.

Last edited:

RESCUE4NFD

Happy Memorial Day Weekend...159.9900 DCS 412 is PHI Air Med( McKinney).
159.9675 PL.Tone 186.2 PHI Air Med( Ft.Worth)
160.1400 I've never heard any Radio Traffic on.
I understand the Dallas(Executive) PHI Air Med has been closed for a long time,and that Freq. is NOT used.I've never heard any traffic on that Freq. with NO tones.
Hope this helps

RESCUE4NFD

Max I forgot PHI Air Med-2 is the McKinney Ship,and PHI Air Med-8 is the Ft.Worth Copter,and the next closest is PHI Air Med -6 in Corsicana. All the PHI Air Medical Helicopters are Dispatched from Phoenix,AZ.They use to have a cool Web Site with all the Bases and Helicopter Tail #'s,but the site has been down for construction for over a YEAR?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
RESCUE4NFD said:
I understand the Dallas(Executive) PHI Air Med has been closed for a long time,and that Freq. is NOT used.I've never heard any traffic on that Freq. with NO tones.
Hope this helps
There was something in a Startlegram acticle posted over on the DFWScan Yahoo group months back that PHI/Air Evac/ whatever name they were using that week closed out the Dallas Executive base a long time back.

I've never heard anything on 154.51500 either. I'm close enough that even if they were using old R/S Patrolman 100mw walkie talkies, inside a totally closed hanger, I'd probably still hear something.

The frequency/location still shows as licensed by the FCC, but it's not being used.

SCPD

QRT
Thanks Mike, so Air Med-2 is McKinney. and 159.9900 is the main Frequency. Can we get this changed in the DB? I know Russell is strict on the info Submitted around Collin Co. but we all have heard this activity and yet no changes have been made. No Offense Russell I know your busy and have credible knowldge of things were not necessarly hearing out here. But I have been in VERY close proximenty of McKinney Airport when PHI has gone on runs and Never heard anything on 160.140, but rather 159.9900.

Also, the Old tower in Melissa, TX at 75 and 121N, has had a lot of RF added to it recently. 2 new Satellite dishes and two new Antenna's over the past few weeks. I can get a tower ID and maybe someone can search the FCC Database and figure out what went up recently. Maybe its part of PHI maybe not. But, it would be nice to know.

musicman476

RR DB Admin
Database Admin
Agreed, Max...only the .990 frequency has been in use in McKinney for PHI Med 2. I'm a little unclear as to what you want changed in the DB, however. The 159.9900 (412 DPL) is what is currently listed in the DB. If the other freq was in the DB before, I took it out awhile back since there wasn't any traffic on it.

I can usually hear traffic on 159.990 all around McKinney so it's a fairly decent repeater out at the Collin County Airport.

SCPD

QRT
Can we scrap the 160.140 freq, until it's better I.D.'d, and go with PHI North Texas Ops on 159.9900 with that DPL and get rid of the other stuff no one is able to verify?

Sorry Russell, I know its difficult sometimes to figure out what I am asking, especially when I ramble too much and forget to add the request I have in my head, to the post. LOL.

musicman476

RR DB Admin
Database Admin
MaxTracker said:
Can we scrap the 160.140 freq, until it's better I.D.'d, and go with PHI North Texas Ops on 159.9900 with that DPL and get rid of the other stuff no one is able to verify?

Are you referring to the PHI McKinney 160.140 entry in the Texas>Medevac page on the state level of the DB, Max?

SCPD

QRT
This one >>> "160.14000 WQAG751 BM PHI McKinney PHI Air Med - McKinney FM EMS Dispatch"

Hey, I want one of them there nice new Database Admin thing-a-mijiggers, them puppies are NICE!

(60 seconds between posts? Whats up with that?)

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
If 160.1400 is used in places OTHER than D/FW we should put the city its licensed to beside it, However, Since its licensed to McKinney maybe we should move it to UN-IDENTIFIED PHI or MEDICAL Frequencies. I'm not saying remove it STATEWIDE if its used somewhere else. But here in McKinney/Collin Co. it seems to be un-used and should be removed from the Dallas/Ft. Worth area of the DB or moved to an Un-Identified status.

I dunno, your the admin and I and others scan it, and if it pops with activity we'll be posting. But in the year or so its been listed there has been ZERO activity on it. Logic says to remove it or move it. as with other (possibly) no longer used PHI frequencies in OUR AREA (D/FW)

Move 159.9900's status to PHI North Texas Primary Dispatch. or Add the Comfirmed cities its used in with its call sign. I personally hear most of PHI North Texas on 159.9900.

Again, your the DB admin, I am mearly making a suggestion for convience and Anti-Confusion matters.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
This one >>> "160.14000 WQAG751 BM PHI McKinney PHI Air Med - McKinney FM EMS Dispatch"
Max, maybe tag it as possibly inactive. not currently in use, some thing along that line?

I'd say the same about 154.51500, listed for Dallas Executive Airport. It's still an active FCC license, but no activity that I've heard in a year and a half (see my post above; I'm practically within walking distance of that site, if I got really frisky; not likely in the heat).

Status
Not open for further replies.