Phil Simms color YAC JACK

Status
Not open for further replies.

04Z1V6

Can someone please shut up this guy during a game. I don't care what side you are cheering for the guy thinks he knows it all and he wasn't that good when he played the game !! Rant Over

WX0BPR

Simms does not bother me.... Giants fan... But someone needs to stick a sock in Chris Collinsworth..
And for those of you that watch hockey... Pierre McGuire (sp?)... Annoying

stevecubfan

Premium Subscriber
Can someone please shut up this guy during a game. I don't care what side you are cheering for the guy thinks he knows it all and he wasn't that good when he played the game !! Rant Over
super bowl XXI most valuable player . completed 22 of 25 passes the highest completion percentage in super bowl history. finished his career with 33,462 passing yards. you're right I guess he couldn't quite cut the mustard.

W2NJS

Simms WAS a great QB, but the OP is right in his complaint; Simms never shuts up during the game, and a lot of what he tells you is stuff you already know.

EJB

super bowl XXI most valuable player . completed 22 of 25 passes the highest completion percentage in super bowl history. finished his career with 33,462 passing yards. you're right I guess he couldn't quite cut the mustard.
It doesnt matter if he completed 25/25 for 500 yards; if the OP wants to rant about his inability to know when to speak worse than what he are bombarded with it is his right.
It matters nothing how good the player was or wasnt.

I agree, I think he does talk too much but he has been on TV for so long someone likes him :)

EJB

Simms does not bother me.... Giants fan... But someone needs to stick a sock in Chris Collinsworth..
And for those of you that watch hockey... Pierre McGuire (sp?)... Annoying
I agree about McGuire, I am happy he left TSN up here in Canada and now you guys have the pleasure of his insights and blah blah blah on whatever network he is on.

stevecubfan

Premium Subscriber
if you read the first post it was stated that simms was not that good a player which is simply not true. that is why I responded.

EJB

if you read the first post it was stated that simms was not that good a player which is simply not true. that is why I responded.
Ya you are right. Sorry.

He did have one superbowl victory, the other was Hostetler (Simms was injured). IMO There was the Hall of Famers Montona and Marino, Moon and Kelly and then below that was Simms a very good QB who played on generally good to great clubs.

EJB

Simms was a hell of a lot better than Joe Pisarcik was;-)
LMAO off, thats not saying much. The Giants clubs of the mid to late 70's were awful. Growing up in Montreal we had access to a limited scope of games. CBS in Vermont gave us the Giants, the Cowboys, sometimes the Eagles.

On NBC (in upstate NY) the Bills, Pats (in the Grogan years that was ok) and the Jets. If we were lucky the Steelers or Raiders were on.

To this day because of the rotten Giants clubs and the rah-rah holier-than thau attitude of the Cowboys I hate the NFC and prefer AFC clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.