Philadelphia bus rider usig radio jammer

Status
Not open for further replies.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
At most he was jamming the bus, and the battery last 90 minutes. the jammer olny jams 10 yards or so..He was not shutting down the east coast. I was at a local coffee shop with wireless. Place is packed daily with people and there laptops hogging up a table after table for four people all their **** spread out for hours. I can clear out the place for paying costomers before the counter person fills my order.tough crap,thats life. deal with it

Grogan here's a little techy tip for you regarding uhf and above. True the power output on cellular jammers is typically less than 1 watt, BUT the receivers in use today that receive that range are extremely sensitive! So much so that trunking or LMR towers over a mile away can be interfered with by a handheld jammer. Only a few microvolts worth of signal is needed to produce a signal at that frequency range.
That completes your lesson for today,your assignment is to read more.

n9zas

Confuzzled

Lots of over-reaction and mis-information here, or mis-interpreting of information.

Aren't most cell phones in the 1900Mhz range now?

How many PS agencies are using 800 vs. 400, 700 or something else?

Like I said, I'm all for whatever stops cells phone use in stores, restaurants, churches, schools and many other places.

grogan

I don't block calls or shut down the city,Just end the call and turn it off. to clear out the Wifi table hogs at starbucks etc.

Attachments

• churchsign.jpg
    churchsign.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 407

phillydjdan

What part of THAT IS ILLEGAL don't you understand? I think it's pretty simple. I hate cell phone users as much as the next guy, but using a jammer, in my opinion, makes you a tool, and you should be locked up for it, period. Care to give us your name and address?

Confuzzled

A lot of things are 'illegal' but not necessarily wrong. A lot of laws don't make sense. Maybe time for a change in this 'law' to allow businesses to disable cell phones on their property?

Once that happens, technology could step in and find a way to do it without affecting other services and limit the range to within the one business.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Aren't most cell phones in the 1900Mhz range now?

How many PS agencies are using 800 vs. 400, 700 or something else?

Just so you know, the small handhelds jam 800 through 1900

And almost all public safety in this area is 800.

A lot of things are 'illegal' but not necessarily wrong. A lot of laws don't make sense. Maybe time for a change in this 'law' to allow businesses to disable cell phones on their property?

Once that happens, technology could step in and find a way to do it without affecting other services and limit the range to within the one business.

technology access limiting at the hands of who?the fed govt,state,,county..,the store owner,,
gonna be hard for tht store owner to shut off the jammer while he's at the command of an
armed gunman..he'd be praying for a customer to call 911...D'oH...the jammer is on...

or facing a liability suit when someone in a personal emergency,,maybe a heart attack on the spot..
EMS not getting there because the Mgr was out for a moment..or the real time crime center CCTV monitor was looking away at the time...

slippery slope,,hospitals,,ERs...thats about it..the rest is merely a mesure of ones personal annoyance levels..

in my opinion...

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

Very true!

n9zas

grogan

And cell phone jammer sales are up 1000% and prices have increased due to availabilty. It's a good thing I still use a high power Bag phone. This thing never drops calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.