Philadelphia bus rider usig radio jammer

Status
Not open for further replies.

grogan

They are great, you can end the call of the Taxi driver,parking lot att. person at check-out counter,gas station att.,person in toll booth,and every other person who takes call after call when they are in the middle of a conversation with you and. and all the people driving near you. click.click,click,click,click.....see ya. yes the work good.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Eric strikes me as whiny little geek. Who gets off on doing it.. Now is busted im sure everyone on his bus will be giving him a lonnnng look

phillydjdan

I hope the Officers in your area don't use 800mhz

Philadelphia Police and Fire both use 800MHz. I watched this report on the local news, and he says that he got rid of the jammer now that he has been enlightened about the legality of having it. Who knows whether he really did or not.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
PhillyD, I meant that toward Confuzzled's comment "These should be standard practice in all restaurants and stores."

If every store and restaurant in a city operated these it would effectively eliminate any public safety communications. (At least in the 800's)

Sorry, I should have been a little clearer.

captaincab

monitoring delco pa with gre psr300 pro2053 and b
They are great, you can end the call of the Taxi driver,parking lot att. person at check-out counter,gas station att.,person in toll booth,and every other person who takes call after call when they are in the middle of a conversation with you and. and all the people driving near you. click.click,click,click,click.....see ya. yes the work good.

you do that to this cab driver im gonna jam your jammer up your nose or some where worse pal.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber

thats why they should be illegal.. people like this

grogan

Don't worry I won't jam your cab. I don't ride in cabs because of the way they smell. Nothing is as bad as somebody you are talking face to face with and they stop to answer the phone with a bluetooth in the ear. I was at lunch with my boss for 1/2 hr He talked I went to the car came back ended his call and in 2 weeks my raise was in my check.sorry boys! there is a time and a place to JAM

grogan

John what does cb have to do with this. I don't put you down for being a Tec? I could say your almost a ham minus code........But now a tec is ok time changes things

KD0LDK

John what does cb have to do with this. I don't put you down for being a Tec? I could say your almost a ham minus code........But now a tec is ok time changes things

Really... we're comparing licenses? I'm a tech too, does that make me a bad/unskilled person?

Bottom line, guy's an idiot, these should be illegal. They put public safety at risk.

grogan

At most he was jamming the bus, and the battery last 90 minutes. the jammer olny jams 10 yards or so..He was not shutting down the east coast. I was at a local coffee shop with wireless. Place is packed daily with people and there laptops hogging up a table after table for four people all their **** spread out for hours. I can clear out the place for paying costomers before the counter person fills my order.tough crap,thats life. deal with it

grogan

more people with cell phones put public safety at risk...Don't drink/talk/text and drive

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
the jammer olny jams 10 yards or so

The jammers effect can vary widely based on numerous factors such as proximity to towers, indoor/outdoor settings, presence of buildings or landscaping, even temp. and humidity can play a role. (Some small handhelds can cause problems at 1/2mi.)

BUT that's neither here nor there.... What you really need to realize is the cheaply made ones most people buy can affect much more important things than phone/radios like PACEMAKERS!

What happens when you think your "needs" are so important that you use it and a Cop/EMS/Firefighter's radio doesn't get a call and a child dies? What happens if it causes interference with a pacemaker and someone's Mom, Gma, Etc. Dies? When that happens, I hope you/he end up in prison...

Why do some people think they are above the law/more important than everyone else?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.