Philadelphia Fire & Police Radio ID's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillydjdan

I was wondering if anyone had a list of all the radio ID numbers for the fire and police units. With the new PSR-800 having the radio ID feature, I'd like to figure out who's who so I can give the radio ID's the proper alpha tag. I have started jotting them down, but would rather not have to go through all of that if possible. Thanks in advance!

ive got one,,freakin Huge too..my pro 106 is dedicated to PPD PFD..
only like 20-30 memory blocks left..

for the PD side and fire..alot of the new patches for sept,temple,,upenn..

no one is going to hand you one,,we,in philly treat it like the federal info..
its there,,you just gotta find it on your own...lol..

ive logged well over a 1000,,alpha taggged n all!
LOVE IT,,can see who is on what band,,who is talking to who..

good luck man,,Philly TRS is undergoing all sorts of work right now,,
going to be non-monitorable soon..as no scanner will decrypt that
new tdma signal..

Last edited:

phillydjdan

Well, define "soon", because the info everyone seems to have is that the new system isn't going to actually go full TDMA for at least a year or two. I got my PSR-800 just so I can keep listening until the moment they do make the switch.

wha i will advise is getting joe C's
philadelphia area communications guide

worth Every penny,,and essential if you want to
make sense of the systems your hearing..

curious,,what district are you in?
im in the 12th,,

Last edited:

phillydjdan

I've had Joe C's Guide for about 8 or so years now. Maybe you are misunderstanding what I'm looking for. I'm not looking for the verbal ID they say over the radio (like "8-Tom-1" or Dan-3"). What I'm looking for is the actual radio's programmed identifier # that pops up on the CAD screen (and is assigned an alias, like ("Engine 43 Tip"). These are 4 or 5 digit numbers. For example, I know from listening tonight that # 13246 is Battalion 1's radio, but I don't know if that is the vehicle radio or his assigned portable radio. I know # 5077 is a dispatch console at the FCC, but I'm not sure if it's assigned to an EMS console or fire console, etc.

I'm sure someone on here has compiled a list or has gotten their hands on a master list from the radio shop. If you have, and don't want to advertise it on here, you may send me a PM. Thanks again!

fineshot1

I hope you fellas are aware of the fact that radio id's/alias's change often.

FD members are always moving portables around especially when new ones arrive.

They can be assigned to one engine and then several months later get moved to another.

On the PD side I know that when new radios come in the upper management gets
first pic and their older radios get re-assigned to the lower levels.

When that happens sooner or later the alias's get changed if they are diligent about
keeping the radio alias's straight.

So it really is mission impossible to have an accurate id/alias list.

id differ in opinion,,fd dose alternate,,not that much,,little enough to make logging & tgging the PFDs radio id's still a very doable effort..

as far as the PD,,and the theory,pertaining to the current RID nomenclature,,not true..i wont elaborate,those who know,know what i mean,,

fineshot1

Take a snap shot of what you have listed now.

In a year or two it will be significantly different.

I deal with this issue all the time on a smaller
trunked system and the change requests we
get happens all too often. It is almost a job
in itself to keep up with the changes.

Just my opinion in dealing with it on a regular
basis.

phillydjdan

Well, I figure that the PFD side shouldn't be too difficult to manage. The portables would most likely be the ones that are moved around, but for the most part the apparatus radios should remain in the trucks. Since the truck radios are the ones being used on North and South Fire 99% of the time, I don't see how it would be impossible to manage. Now, if I were able to monitor the fireground channels, where all the portables transmit, then yes, that would be way too much to handle. I have already compiled a short list of what I've seen so far. I'm sure it will get longer, and will need to be changed as I discover which units are currently using reserve trucks, etc. I'm determined, damnit! lol

ocguard

Premium Subscriber
Take a snap shot of what you have listed now.

In a year or two it will be significantly different.

I deal with this issue all the time on a smaller
trunked system and the change requests we
get happens all too often. It is almost a job
in itself to keep up with the changes.

Just my opinion in dealing with it on a regular
basis.

This must be a local concept, because, on all systems in my area, if a radio (the PHYSICAL unit) is changed out with a new radio for whatever reason, it is programmed with the existing ID. The only exception is the use of a LOANER radio, which retains the ID number but is given an alias that is meaningful for the radio is temporarily replaces.

For example,

a portable radio with the PID 601776 is assigned as EMS6's portable radio and has a CAD alias of "EMS6-P"

the radio breaks and a loaner is issued temporarily while the repair is made. the loaner radio's PIS is 607123 and has a CAD alias of "LOANER-1", but, while it is in use as EMS6's portable radio, it is issued the CAD alias of "EMS6-PR" where "R" indicated it is a reserve radio.

the first line radio is deemed un-repairable and is replaced with a brand new radio. That radio is re-programmed with EMS6's original PID of 601776 which will continue to reference the CAD alias of "EMS6-P" and the loaner radio is removed from service and re-aliased "LOANER-1" until it is needed again.

The same basic premise is used for a mobile radio in a reserve vehicle.

ocguard

Premium Subscriber
ive got one,,freakin Huge too..my pro 106 is dedicated to PPD PFD..
only like 20-30 memory blocks left..

for the PD side and fire..alot of the new patches for sept,temple,,upenn..

no one is going to hand you one,,we,in philly treat it like the federal info..
its there,,you just gotta find it on your own...lol..

ive logged well over a 1000,,alpha taggged n all!
LOVE IT,,can see who is on what band,,who is talking to who..

good luck man,,Philly TRS is undergoing all sorts of work right now,,
going to be non-monitorable soon..as no scanner will decrypt that
new tdma signal..

So Philly's post-upgrade will be TDMA for certain? Is this an X2-TDMA or some other flavor? The PSR-800 will track X2, and I'm not aware that Motorola markets any other flavor of TDMA for P25.

fineshot1

This must be a local concept, because, on all systems in my area, if a radio (the PHYSICAL unit) is changed out with a new radio for whatever reason, it is programmed with the existing ID. The only exception is the use of a LOANER radio, which retains the ID number but is given an alias that is meaningful for the radio is temporarily replaces.

For example,

a portable radio with the PID 601776 is assigned as EMS6's portable radio and has a CAD alias of "EMS6-P"

the radio breaks and a loaner is issued temporarily while the repair is made. the loaner radio's PIS is 607123 and has a CAD alias of "LOANER-1", but, while it is in use as EMS6's portable radio, it is issued the CAD alias of "EMS6-PR" where "R" indicated it is a reserve radio.

the first line radio is deemed un-repairable and is replaced with a brand new radio. That radio is re-programmed with EMS6's original PID of 601776 which will continue to reference the CAD alias of "EMS6-P" and the loaner radio is removed from service and re-aliased "LOANER-1" until it is needed again.

The same basic premise is used for a mobile radio in a reserve vehicle.

You are pretty much right on target with your response but by far the biggest factor
as to how things are done(or not done) is whether the dispatch agency(county, state, etc.)
owns the radios. If the FD's, EMS & PD's own their radios they will pretty much do what
is best for them(and rightly so). If the dispatch agency owns all the radios then they can
call the shots as to how they need it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.