Philadelphia International Airport Police/Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

domman27

Hello. I’m new to the scanning world, I have a sds100 and love it. I have both Philadelphia Fire and Police programed. My question is, I’m trying to listen into the Philadelphia International Airport Police and Fire channels. Per RadioReference, the channels are not encrypted. Is it because they don’t talk as often, or is there another issue??

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I’m trying to listen into the Philadelphia International Airport Police and Fire channels. Per RadioReference, the channels are not encrypted. Is it because they don’t talk as often, or is there another issue??

First suggestion is click on REPORT and ask this to be moved to the Pennsylvania forum for better responses. That said ...

Radio Reference database shows Phily Airport Fire is encrypted, though I'm not there to confirm if that is correct. DE in database means full time encryption.
Do you have all sites programmed in?

Screenshot 2022-05-13 14.43.13.png

captaincab

monitoring delco pa with gre psr300 pro2053 and b
Airport fire is encrypted but they are dispatched as engine 78 on the south fire dispatch talk group and the medic unit for the airport is medic 30 and dispatched on the south medic band. You don’t hear fire usually unless there is an alert 1 which is a inflight emergency or alert 2 confirmed crash the only other time you might hear engine 78 is going to the terminal to assist ems they don’t leave airport grounds. The crash trucks are designated foxtrot 1 etc I believe foxtrot 7 is the airport battalion chief

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Airport fire is encrypted but they are dispatched as engine 78 on the south fire dispatch talk group and the medic unit for the airport is medic 30 and dispatched on the south medic band. You don’t hear fire usually unless there is an alert 1 which is a inflight emergency or alert 2 confirmed crash the only other time you might hear engine 78 is going to the terminal to assist ems they don’t leave airport grounds. The crash trucks are designated foxtrot 1 etc I believe foxtrot 7 is the airport battalion chief

Just to be clear, the airport conyrol center dispatch talkgroup for emergency operations is 285. The other police/fire talkgroups listed in the airport section in the database listing are secondary tac channels. The medic/fire units will get a dispatch announcement over south medic/south fire, but the foxtrot units will talk to airport dispatch on TG 285. Airport 10 and Airport 20 are the managers for airport ops (one covers the air field the other covers the terminal). 285 will give you a good idea of what is going on at the airport.

domman27

Just to be clear, the airport conyrol center dispatch talkgroup for emergency operations is 285. The other police/fire talkgroups listed in the airport section in the database listing are secondary tac channels. The medic/fire units will get a dispatch announcement over south medic/south fire, but the foxtrot units will talk to airport dispatch on TG 285. Airport 10 and Airport 20 are the managers for airport ops (one covers the air field the other covers the terminal). 285 will give you a good idea of what is going on at the airport.
Thanks. So I have this channel programed in. This would be my best bet? Thanks.

Attachments

• 4339F75F-EFF9-4784-8ECC-D2AB1704112C.png
    4339F75F-EFF9-4784-8ECC-D2AB1704112C.png
    196.4 KB · Views: 28

DASFlies

Correct, everyone at the airport (Police, Fire, Airport Ops) uses PHL Emergency 1. Engine 78 has their own channel to coordinate their ops but it's encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.