Philadelphia Police Scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedPenguin

Does anyone know if there is a Philadelphia police feed on the Internet? This is one big city that I never seem to have found on the Internet.

I've looked from everything from Butel Arc Client and Proscan to just Shoutcasts and even TeamSpeaks, never found one. Even searched the forum here.

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
Negative, no Philly police feed online. There is 1 Philly Fire feed online though, link can be found on my site at scannerfeeds.us.

Jason

PhillyPhoto

Does anyone know if there is a Philadelphia police feed on the Internet? This is one big city that I never seem to have found on the Internet.

I've looked from everything from Butel Arc Client and Proscan to just Shoutcasts and even TeamSpeaks, never found one. Even searched the forum here.

RedPenguin,

We just put up a PPD scanner this week. Please feel free to check it out at http://www.eastcoast911.com/LiveFeed.php. We also have a live fire feed as well, with plans for more down the road.

Livewire3286

Yeah the IBN TSpeak server has been running one for some time.

Currently all TGs for Fire, EMS, and Police Dispatch are enabled. EMS and Fire Tac talkgroups are normally encrypted. TGs for Public Works, Water, and similar systems will only be enabled for special events or as needed.

RedPenguin

Thanks Guys

Thanks to both who have put up feeds because it seemed like tons of people would want to hear it but it never seemed to be anywhere.

Edit: I just hope these feeds stay up because too often feeds go down, since so many go down for various reasons.

Edit: Does anyone have Amtrak police (at 30th station)? I heard they are often good to hear.

Last edited:

RedPenguin

What the?

Am I the only one or does it seem like Philadelphia police are hard to understand?

I've tried listening to both police feeds, but I swear, I keep going, what did they say?

PhillyPhoto

Am I the only one or does it seem like Philadelphia police are hard to understand?

I've tried listening to both police feeds, but I swear, I keep going, what did they say?

The city system is optimized for the radios in the city, and scanners on 800MhZ digital systems aren't always the best.

They also use terminology specific to the area, and we have put up a information database (http://deptinfo.eastcoast911.com/ppd.php) and that has the terminology that they use.

RedPenguin

Yes

The city system is optimized for the radios in the city, and scanners on 800MhZ digital systems aren't always the best.

They also use terminology specific to the area, and we have put up a information database (http://deptinfo.eastcoast911.com/ppd.php) and that has the terminology that they use.

Maybe it's the terminology that bites me, but when it comes to NYC, I normally seem to always understand them. Though they are conventional so the digital problem doesn't come in to play.

I still have a fun time getting the box number stuff with the FDNY though.

AM91

People in Philadelphia in general are hard to understand...marblemouths is what I call em; Ala the Rocky movies;

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

LOL yea, there was a Jack In The Box (I think) commercial several years back with 2 Philly cabbies trying a new Philly cheese steak-type sandwich. They used sub-titles so the viewers could understand them :)

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

Although I haven't lived near Philly since I was a teen, I've also been told that I and others from the area, talk too fast, running our words together.

Last edited:

KB7MIB

Yea, I noticed that last night too, but it's also 4 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.