Philadelphia TRACON

k2hz

Database Admin
It has just come to my attention as a result of a submission of a possible new EWR Approach frequency that the NY TRACON (N90) EWR area has been reassigned to PHL. I found this story confirming the changes:

I updated the EWR TRACON frequencies and am working with the NJ/PA Admin to update the RRDB to reflect the changes for the associated airports and facilities.

As I found with my recent efforts to update ZNY, ZOB and ZBW listings, much of the info has not been updated since 2010.

In updating the EWR Approach frequencies I added the sector azimuth info based on current FAA lists which seems more appropriate than the sector names. I have doubts about what is actually current but I left everything in place.

The submission that triggered this stated that begining last week 128.55 was replaced by 125.625 for approaches from the south and west but all current FAA info still shows 128.55 for that approach as well as on all ILS procedures. So I kept 128.55 as Primary and listed 125.625 as 90-240 degree Approach.

I have doubts about other stuff such as 120.850 EWR Departure which seems to be old info not documented anywhere and 123.775 "ZEEBO Approach" since I don't ZEEBO as an existing fix or any listing for the frequency. Only a single UHF frequency is listed and with no specific use.

I would appreciate if you check out the new Philadelphia TRACON RRDB page and submit any corrections for either the PHL or EWR areas to that page.

k2hz

Database Admin
Have you updated the ZOB list?
I reviewed ZOB a few months ago with current FAA Info at that time and did not see any issues. I am in the Rochester area so I can monitor the eastern end of their territory. As a NY RRDB Admin I can edit all of ZOB, ZBW, ZNY and N90 along with all airports in NY so I reviewed all at that time and did major updates to ZNY and ZBW and now the changes to N90.

We depend on submissions to keep the RRDB current and they seem to be infrequent. My recent look at all the area ARTCC info was triggered by a simple submission about a ZNY sector change that led me to discover a lot of issues. The same with the recent EWR submission that revealed the move to a different TRACON I was not aware of.

Ewr_atc

Posting at the request of a friend. I’m a controller in the EWR area now at PHL. Our frequencies haven’t changed officially, just the official ones have been broken ever since they started this move process 4 years ago.

128.55 is still the YARDLEY freq (phlbo arrivals, runway 4 final), but reception sucks so we use 125.62 for now. 120.15 still for north arrival/runway 22 final. 127.6 for Mugzy (satellite arrivals). 132.8 for metro (satellite feed from the south) but due to low staffing is usually combined up with Yardley. 119.2 for departure. 123.77 is Zeebo which is supposed to be another feed for Mugzy from the west and north but in my 10 years it’s never once been open. We’ll use 123.77 for departures off some of the nw Nj uncontrolled fields just for better reception at low altitude. 120.85 has never been a EWR freq, that’s Liberty West which is the “high” altitude departure area at N90 (10,000-17000 120.85/118.17/124.75 those guys). All the departures going to ARTCC altitudes get fed to them by the other areas and they put them in trail for ZNY/ZBW/ZDC.

k2hz

Database Admin
Great info! It confirms the gaps between what was reported active and published documentation. I will review the RRDB info and submit an update to the Admin that handles PHL since it is no longer in my area. Thanks!