phillips prm8041

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bintang10271

Hey i have a Phillips Prm8040 with remote. Im only new to this. How do i reprogram Queensland police codes into it. I already have some in there but been told most outdated. What Ariel setup is best for this sytem in a homebase situation. Im in Brisbane Queensland Australia. I have been building PCs and installing OS and other software etc. So hopefully it will help me program my unit. Appreciate any information on these units as hard to find any info on them. I was told its a oldie but a ok unit
Kind regards
Bintang

N8IAA

Hey i have a Phillips Prm8040 with remote. Im only new to this. How do i reprogram Queensland police codes into it. I already have some in there but been told most outdated. What Ariel setup is best for this sytem in a homebase situation. Im in Brisbane Queensland Australia. I have been building PCs and installing OS and other software etc. So hopefully it will help me program my unit. Appreciate any information on these units as hard to find any info on them. I was told its a oldie but a ok unit
Kind regards
Bintang

Have you checked the RR database for Queensland police frequencies? It seems they are P-25 conventional. The radio you have seems to be analog. But, what do I know:) I live in GA, USA.
Larry

rustynswrail

Hey i have a Phillips Prm8040 with remote. Im only new to this. How do i reprogram Queensland police codes into it. I already have some in there but been told most outdated. What Ariel setup is best for this sytem in a homebase situation. Im in Brisbane Queensland Australia. I have been building PCs and installing OS and other software etc. So hopefully it will help me program my unit. Appreciate any information on these units as hard to find any info on them. I was told its a oldie but a ok unit Kind regards Bintang

Throw the 8040 in the bin. The Queensland Police, especially in the Brisbane area are using P25 Phase II trunking. The 8040 is an analog radio incapable of receiving P25, Phase II or trunking. To add to your woes, the QPS are encrypted with AES256 encryption. And before you ask while it is legal to resolve encrypted audio in Australia, due to the fact it is AES, there is no way of resolving it.

Buying a P25 capable scanner will not help either. Aerials or more correctly antennas is a very subjective thing, it depends on where you live, type of building, house, unit, single storey, double storey etc. Also they are not codes, they are frequencies.

R

Status
Not open for further replies.