Philly DNC convention

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillydjdan

Are you going to stream any of that? The feed owner for the City Wide stream says he's locking stuff out. Looking for a good online feed for those of us out of state.

No, I am not. You can thank Lindsay Blanton for my refusal to stream on this site.

rufus-7

philly DNC convention

hi phillydjdan, is there another site in which you would be willing to provide the feed like for example broadcastfy? i would love to listen in on the action during the convention. thanks in advance.

phillydjdan

I will not be feeding anything anywhere. To be quite honest, most of the interesting security-related comms will be on J Band, so whatever feed covers that is the one to listen to. If they did the same thing they did for the Papal visit most of the feds and outside police teams will all be on that channel. The PFD/PPD channels are mostly for other things (logistics, moving personnel around, controlling demonstrators, etc). If you want to hear the juicy stuff, J Band is the channel to listen to.

nd5y

KB7MIB

The US Capitol PD were in Cleveland, and it appears from pics on at least one Philly news media page that they're in Philly now, so maybe check to see if their D.C. frequencies are in use, along with other. D.C. area agencies who came up 95 to play.
Probably encrypted, but who knows.

John
Peoria, AZ

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Did you try the "Philadelphia Police - Citywide" feed? There's over 700 listeners now.

The feed provider removed all talkgroups except J-band because of threats made to law enforcement. It's stated in the feed page. In other words if you want to listen you need to be nearby with a scanner.

lowes1

DNC feed

Who is Lindsay Blanton? Riots were forecast for Cleveland, yet a fine person provided a great feed on Broadcastify including a large amount of the police activity. The Cleveland Police with the nationwide help from local, federal and multi-state agencies did a fantastic job of handling security for the RNC. The whole world was given the opportunity to listen to the activity on Broadcastify and thousands did. It would be a shame that all of us who would be interested in hearing the Philly action would miss out due due to a fear of the unknown. Hopefully, we will not become prisoners to the few in this world who are evil. If so, the criminals and terrorists have won.

ecps92

RadioReference.com Leadership Team

Who is Lindsay Blanton? Riots were forecast for Cleveland, yet a fine person provided a great feed on Broadcastify including a large amount of the police activity. The Cleveland Police with the nationwide help from local, federal and multi-state agencies did a fantastic job of handling security for the RNC. The whole world was given the opportunity to listen to the activity on Broadcastify and thousands did. It would be a shame that all of us who would be interested in hearing the Philly action would miss out due due to a fear of the unknown. Hopefully, we will not become prisoners to the few in this world who are evil. If so, the criminals and terrorists have won.

lowes1

Does Mr. Blanton own Broadcastify as well as Radio Reference? Is he the one who ultimately decides who has the right to know? It is a good thing that the news media is not regulated by the government the way these sites appear to be regulated by business people. Then we would be in Putin's Russia.

phillydjdan

If you don't know who Lindsay Blanton is you should probably leave this website lol. And my reasons have nothing to do with a "fear of the unknown". It has more to do with me knowing much more about the city of Philadelphia's system than most folks and also knowing more about the police brass and thier presence on this very site than most. You see, they watch these forums, and are probably reading this post. They don't like people listening in. The last time information they didn't want public became public they pulled all the radios in for reprogramming 3 weeks later. I kid you not. They are using channels for this event that are not encrypted. If they go onto the internet that will surely change for the next major event. The good stuff is on the Citywide feed that Joe Cardani mentioned. Let's leave it at that, please. Don't put up a feed that gets the entire system reprogrammed to be encrypted. Don't be that guy.

From what I am hearing so far most of the chatter aside from J Band and T Band has been logistics traffic (we need cases of water here or we need radio batteries there). J seems to be coordination with top police and federal personnel. T appears to be mostly protestor chatter. Those 2 channels are the ones you're going to hear good stuff on. You won't even hear any EMS chatter relating to this because they are on an encrypted channel already (South Tac 3). Trust me, listen to the Citywide feed and don't worry about the rest.

ecps92

Take the Politics to the Tavern and let the rest of us return to the topic of Scanning/Frequencies at the DNC

And a little search (effort) by you would answer your own question :roll:
Broadcastify - About Us

Credit is given to those Feed providers who take the time to be Responsible and cut-back or terminate feeds when needed.

Does Mr. Blanton own Broadcastify as well as Radio Reference? Is he the one who ultimately decides who has the right to know? It is a good thing that the news media is not regulated by the government the way these sites appear to be regulated by business people. Then we would be in Putin's Russia.

Baker53

Let it go folks, The RNC feeds were tons of fun to listen to, wide open. We got to hear all the action it was great. The DNC not so much. J band is like listening to the rooster poot Arkansas tac squad. No good stuff at all. Appears we are suffering from a DNC wall of silence. Makes one wonder?

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Thank you Bill and Dan for that clarification!

Like Dan said, the feed you want to listen to is the Philadelphia Police Citywide, which per the feed provider is locked on the J-band talkgroup. Any major alerts and serious info would have to be broadcast over J-Band, per police radio policy. All high ranking commanders, Aviation, and K-9 units monitor that talk group.

Status
Not open for further replies.