Philly DNC convention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ljay

dnc

big events use a company as frequency coordinator they obtain an sta for security, broadcast video , wireless mics, ect they get large group of freqs to coordinate them out during the event so it does not turn into a free for all

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Yeah seems to be the way to operate these days on large local events.
Down in Delaware they did same with Firefly concert event as vendor brought in UHF MotoTrbo
system.. I don't think the FCC sweats it much as handheld radios are 25 watts max so risk
of interference is low.Notice on Philly DNC they list possible 200 Motorola HT1000 radios.
See those same radios on E-Bay for $100.. Guess the kicker is having correct hardware/software to
program them.

phillydjdan

Also keep an ear on the city of Philadelphia's trunked system. They authorized 2 additional frequencies for the duration. My guess is that is for added capacity with outside agencies hopping on the system like they did for the Papal visit.

jdmwph5

Cleveland created about a dozen new talkgroups for operations during the convention. Would not be surprised if Philly does the same thing.

philacop

Premium Subscriber
FYI gang, the circus thats in town for the next week has a cap + system up and running at the wells it
seems to be a 8 channel system (4 freqs) using RAS.
chan 1-2 451.06250 color 11
chan 3-4 451.38750 color 10
chan 5-6 451.43750 color 11
chan 7-8 ???????? color ??

some talkgroups

not much activity yet but in a day or 2 should light up !!

ki1022

Premium Subscriber
There has been some activity on the Philly P25 mutual aid talkgroups, Citywide Emergency Operations Center 1 and 2.

dtscho

Database Admin
FYI gang, the circus thats in town for the next week has a cap + system up and running at the wells it

some talkgroups

The fourth channel in this site should be 451.6125, and this site is actually in the convention center area. (It's probably linked to the site that's set up at Wells Fargo Center, so it's no surprise you're hearing activity related to Wells.) The Wells site has fifteen frequencies licensed. A Cap+ site can only support a maximum of eight frequencies, so these are probably not all in use.

WQXX436 (BearCom Operating) FCC Callsign Details

Dave

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin

some talkgroups

This is probably the site near 13th and Arch from the above linked license for BearCom.
WQXX436 (BearCom Operating) FCC Callsign Details

Fourth frequency at that site is 451.6125.

The other site in South Philly has more frequencies.

northernsummit

Feed Provider
Any feeds for the DNC?

Hey guys,

Last week I ran a dedicated feed for the RNC here:

Cleveland Republican Convention Special Event / Interop - GCRCN

We have a FB group of people who were talking up the calls, and we did an almost play-by-play of incidents on this twitter feed (now renamed in anticipation of the DNC, but see the history of posts):

https://twitter.com/DNC_Scanner

We were going to shut everything down but the FB group was clamoring to do it all over again for the DNC, and the Twitter feed kept getting asked if we'd do it again. Obviously, not being in Philly, I can't.

Are any of the Philly feeds going to contain local traffic that is relevant? In Cleveland they built out a handful of talk-groups. Some for EMS, some for bike unit, then sectioned the city off into color coded chunks and made a dispatch TG for each color group.

But at the moment its not clear where to point people or where those of us outside of the area can even listen in. We've got the clamoring audience and 2-3 guys that want to tweet, we just need the feed :)

phillydjdan

So far today while running Unitrunker on the Philly control channels it looks as though the some of the same channels used during the Papal visit are in play again. Some of them include:

J Band
T Band
PD Event 1
PD Event 2
City Event 1
City Event 2
City Event 3
PFD/PPD 1
PFD/PPD 2
EOC 1
EOC 2
EOC 3
South Tac 3 (Fire ops, ENC)
Mayor's Office (ENC)
Dignitary Unit (ENC)

phillydjdan

And I have not noted any additional voice channels on either zone like I had thought, so no clue what those special temp licenses are being used for.

northernsummit

Feed Provider
And I have not noted any additional voice channels on either zone like I had thought, so no clue what those special temp licenses are being used for.

Are you going to stream any of that? The feed owner for the City Wide stream says he's locking stuff out. Looking for a good online feed for those of us out of state.

Status
Not open for further replies.