PhillyPD P25 CAI and Win500 TSYS Types

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok,so in the TSYS object tab there is the option for system type in the ever time consuming fine tuning of the systems that id like to hear..

the options,,
MOTO 8-900.
MOTO VHF-UHF
P25 Manual
P25 Auto
EDACS Narrow
EDACS Standard
LTR

PPD is on a P25 CAI Type II SmartZone,all freqs in the 800s..

i ask,,how can i tell the diff so i the best settings are config'd.

Just trying to learn how to fish!..thanks

budevans

Based on your email, Moto 800/900 should be the correct setting.

The TSYS TYPE setting you are seeing in WIN500 is for the Trunk system, which in this case is Motorola Smartnet.

Your scanner will detect the type of voice (analog or digital). P25 CAI is digital.

FYI: Project 25 is a specific type of Trunking system, like EDACS, Moto 800/900 and so on. Project 25 systems by definition employ P25 CAI for voice transmissions. Other systems like Moto 800/900 can chose to use P25 CAI for voice.

Hope this helps.

ok,so just to pose the question,would P25Auto be a better setting?

the philly FD is on the same trunked system here,but just this afternoon during a local response i heard the dispatch advise to switch to south fire analog,,800mHz freqs ,not sure why..
the PD has a similar overlap to analog,though ive yet to hear any TX over it-then again ive been out of town during the past several events that may require to go to the interop ch's.

thanks for the patience,i may be a bit all over the map here,,
ive just made the jump from lettin the RRDB auto fill my info in win500,so now with all the options Other than beep n flashes(as cool as the beeps n flashes are!) theres a ton to learn about not only how to listen,but to know What your actually hearing,,know what i mean..

Someone should have warned me how dammed addicting this stuff is when your prewired to enjoy reading technical manuals

DELCOLHFC

Philly's 800MHz analog freqs are very low power line-of-sight type traffic, you would have to be very near the incident to hear anything on them. I'm pretty much only in the city for work and the best I've ever caught on them was a few scratchy comms, not even readable.

budevans

ok,so just to pose the question,would P25Auto be a better setting?

No.

The TYPE field is used to select the TRUNKING SYSTEM. Nothing to do with whether the audio is analog or digital.

The Philly PD system is a Motorola Smartnet TRUNK system. So Moto 800/900 is the correct (Trunk) setting.

The way P25 CAI (voice) and Project 25 (Trunked) are tossed around it's easy to get them confused.

FYI: In the case of GRE/RadioShack scanners, P25Auto is for use with Project 25 Trunked systems (only). It will detect and automatically adjust for allowed variations in Project 25 Trunked settings.

ah,,i now see what your referring to.
i was associating the 2,

problem half solved,,the issue has been cleared up in my head,,
now i just need to find more systems to monitor!
thanks for the re-clarification,,

garys

Premium Subscriber
Bucks County has a very nice Type II UHF trunk system if you're close enough to hear it.

Ahh,,that sounds like a plan,,
just put up my first outdoor ant.the RS20-176- $8.99 on sale at a RS in CC Phila
been gettin pretty good RX up into the 500s-garbage for 800 though,,

thanks for the heads up reg'dng BucksCo!

Status
Not open for further replies.