Phillyscanner Guide Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdavisjr

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if there is something up, maybe not rectified yet, and something I didn't hear about with that website? When the round of PA updates that never came after the 5/26 jersey ones, I also noticed that when going to the site it for some reason also no longer prompted me to log in, I had free click and open access to the entire site. The site has been sent 2 emails since June with no reply. Getting stuff rechecked and finalized for the coming year, just thought perhaps there was a comment on here knowing of an issue that I missed.

adamr368

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps your credentials are cached? I notice the same thing on the philly guide but not the master and I believe it's because my credentials are cached. Could be wrong but just a thought.

rexgame

Drexel Hill, Upper Darby Twp, Delaware Co, Pennsyl
I noticed this a few days ago when I was getting my bookmarks onto my new machine. Punched in the addy, no log in asked.

Also, it's not for sale on the Scanner Master website anymore. I haven't seen any posts from him in awhile either.

Last edited:
the master guide went off line an undetermined time ago..

i noticed that login issue roughly 2 1/2 months + ago..
chocked it up to my IP or MAC address being cached..

i posted a Q to JC on another thread,asking about the
master guide,but got no reply..
this was at least 2 months back.

but now after giving a try,friday,the11th.
it seems to be back to normal..

cdavisjr

Premium Subscriber
Haven't had time to post on here but I too have recently noticed that I again had to re log in, at least the first time I would visit a section of the webpage, and it was with a different type of login screen. I too never got a reply back giving me an explanantion. I've put a lot of hours in over time to help get the montco, pa section as accurate as it is so I'd hate to see that website fall to the wayside. The one thing I always liked just a little bit more of his vs radioreference although it's come so far, is his desire to put any confirmed freq for an agency in and let the membership help tell him how's it's used. I've tried more than once over the years to help radioreference's site through the years and growing pains to be just as accurate and from more than one person handling submissions I've been told to have a confirmed use or I have complete info but a frequency was too local level to put in, etc. I'm sure they have certain policies to follow but it still leaves that invisible gap between most info for an area and 100% info for an area. There's already content on there that is used once a year during snowstorms. It's 100% accurate and used but maybe it's too low traffic and another 1/3 of the section content should be deleted also. To truly be a site that's 100% accurate for any website visitor to look at and learn from you gotta throw it all out there and let the membership help you keep it honest, accurate and let the individual user decide on their own how useful to them a frequency and it's info is.

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I just got on the Phillyscanner website, had to put in my name/password - very little difference from what I had seen previously, frankly. But then I haven't used it in quite some time...

Also have not seen any recent notices of updates. I couldn't find it on the Scanner Master website either - I've posted a question on the Yahoo group - let's see where it goes...Mike

i think the last updates were in May-2011..

for myself,ive got to get off my lazy butt
and send some updates in for Philly's TRS
there are several patches added that are not
in JCs manual..

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

I apologize for being slow to respond here. The Philly Guide is no longer available to purchase. I removed it from the Scanner Master catalog last July before I went to Florida for the summer. Guide subscriptions have been slowing down for the past few years to a point where it did not make much sense to keep it in their catalog. I may consider selling it through my website if there still is a demand for the guide.

There was a security problem for a few months where a file was corrupted and it allowed access to the site without prompting for a user name or password. That has been fixed.

Finally, I am very behind with updates due to family issues but I do plan to catch up within the next few weeks, including Carrol's Montgomery County updates he sent to me a while ago. I truly apologize for any inconvenience that may have caused.

Thanks again to all of the support of the Philly Guide subscribers and contributors over the many years!

cdavisjr

Premium Subscriber
Joe,

My concern first and foremost was what was up with you, then your website. Family is first so you do what you have to. I think there is enough interest to still sell thru your site only, may actually save you some $$$ vs thru a 3rd parties website, or perhaps to have someone else just as interested take that ball and still run with it for you. I've always thought your site more complete in content than radioreference and I don't see things changing on their side any time soon. They are very confirmed use only and even then I have hit walls in the past. That is their policy and I am not in any way trying to tell them how to run their site, it is very nice and has come a long way recently. You have just always had a different approach of this is everything out there and letting the membership help you figure things out, which is where a lot of my multi page emails came in, I'm sure you won't miss those. I would hate to see it go away but can understand if you make that ultimate decision. Though we've never met in person I have always deeply enjoyed the relationship we have developed over the years via email and if someone were to help keep your site going in some way I would not work any less hard with them as I have with you to keep the content as accurate as possible. Good to hear from you again sir.

Carroll

Last edited:

cdavisjr

Premium Subscriber
Policefreak,

I get the feeling that as far as running the website he might be looking for someone to pass the torch to, I know I surely would hate to see it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.