Phoenix and Yuma Interoperability article

Status
Not open for further replies.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
All,

With all the recent talk about the newly discovered Yuma radio systems, I thought this article would interest a lot of you.

This article is from Mission Critical Communications magazine(www.mccmag.com) August 2008 edition. The article is titled “5 States Tap DHS Resources”:

In Arizona, FPIC established crossgovernmental partnership and infrastructure-sharing agreements with the Arizona Public Safety Communications Commission (PSCC) and the Arizona Department of Public Safety (AZDPS). Arizona is expanding the Phoenix Shared Infrastructure Project, also known as the Phoenix Regional Wireless Network (PRWN), to extend interoperability to additional federal, state and local emergency response agencies. The existing PRWN will interconnect with the Yuma Regional Communications System (YRCS) to establish interoperability among participating agencies

The project defines and deploys the proposed interoperability solutions with PRWN and YRCS system expansions at AZPDS and YRCS sites. The project plan includes purchasing five conventional base station repeaters for three separate locations within Arizona. These base stations will allow federal users operating on VHF and UHF radios to interface with the major 700/800 MHz Project 25 (P25) trunked networks: YRCS and PRWN. The bases stations enable federal users to interface the Department of Defense (DoD) systems implemented in the 380-399.9 MHz band, as well as local PRWN and YRCS 700/800 MHz trunked users via conventional channel gateways.

Cheers,

Joe

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Joe,

Thanks for that. Here's a quote from the just released DHS document - National Emergency Communicatons Plan (NECP), on page 34:

"Several States (e.g., Arizona, California, and Texas) are developing statewide “systems of systems” that leverage emerging technologies to establish interoperability among different levels of government and that span frequency bands."

If you'd like a copy of the 83 page document, check this website out:
http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/n...tions_plan.pdf

wupatki

Premium Subscriber
Site 208 on White Tanks

769.15625 Control Channel
769.40625 Alternate
770.40625 Alternate
770.65625 Alternate

This is site 208 on White Tanks, it's part of the State/Yuma/Phoenix link

I put it in my PSR-500's main scan list as Site 208 and have a Wildcard TG set for it so I pickup whatever goes on. TG8004 has been pretty active with system testing over the last few weeks. I'm guessing it must be Motorola Techs on the system since one of the "Test Questions" asked was "What is the capital of Arizona?" One guy said "uh... Flagstaff?" another "I have no clue". That's pretty sad if it's Arizonans testing the system.

Edit: On a side note, be careful when searching for these frequencies with a scanner. I found one or two other frequencies in the 700Mhz range that gave the same info as the 769.15625 Control Channel. When analyzed in Pro96Com you will get the correct frequency and can tune to that one for confirmation. I'm guessing it's just a image clitch in the scanner but something to be aware of. The frequency you first pick up might not be the actual or proper Control Channel even though the scanner thinks it is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.