Phoenix Arizona Helicopter Frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHPilot

Hey everyone. I'm new here and relatively new to scanners. Can anyone tell me how/where to find heliport and helicopter frequencies for monitoring their location and traffic patterns? I've found a couple in the database but I'd assume there must be more considering how many heliports, hospitals etc are here in the North Phoenix area. Thank you for your help in advance.

Disk4mat

The only ones I can think of are the Medevacs

Also the Phnx PD
123.02500 MCSQHelo-ValleyAll Valley Helicopters AM Law Tac
123.65000 MCSQPD-Helo-PHXPhoenix PD Helicopters

There are also a few news helicopters listed in the Radio & TV sections of Maricopa County > Business > Radio & Television

Hopefully some other members can list a few more.

clover509

123.450 is another good one to plug in for the area. It is considered an unofficial "air-to-air" and I have heard Phoenix PD, Mesa PD and sometimes even the MCSO 'Fox' unit talking with local media helicopters for deconfliction and sometimes just informal, friendly chat about rotary wing flying.

As far as heliports go, keep 123.050 and 123.075 in your list as these are assigned by the FAA for use as UNICOM at both heliports and uncontrolled airports.

KB7MIB

I believe that Scottsdale municipal airport is the only airport in the metro area with a dedicated helicopter frequency. All of the other airports use the regular tower frequency for all aircraft.

123.0250 is used by the medical helos to announce their movements around the Valley, and which hospital they are enroute to. It's also used by all helo pilots for situational awareness/airspace deconfliction.

When 2 or more Phoenix PD helos are up, you'll usually hear them on 123.0250, talking about any open incidents the fresh crew should be aware of that could request air support. Extended conversations will be taken over to 123.6500, which is their company channel.

I don't know about 123.4500, since I don't have it in my scanners. I've heard that it is used by fixed wing pilots as an informal air-air chit chat channel, but I don't know if it's used by local police/medical/media pilots as well.

John
Peoria

Phoenix805

If you're interested in watching their locations, you might want to try this: ADS-B Exchange – World's largest co-op of unfiltered flight data Click on Global Radar View, then Global Radar. Zoom into the area you want to watch. If you look at the greater Phoenix area it can be confusing with tracking possibly hundreds of flights at one time. But if you know what you're doing and what you're watching for it can be useful. It really works great when you zoom in fairly tight where you are, then if/when you hear a copter fly over you can pull it up and see who it is, where he was, and watch where he's going. Likewise if you hear them talking and find out where they're at, you can zoom in on them and watch their flight pattern.

KG7LER

Premium Subscriber
I use the Filters on adsbexchange.com to watch only the helos, easy to see larger incidents going on around town.

Status
Not open for further replies.