Phoenix,AZ Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

w0nwa

Feed Provider
Anyone know what happened to PHX PD? can not get them on Home patrol 2 right now. I did an update nothing....

Am I missing something?

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
I'm not seeing any changes in the DB. Were you able to reliably pick them up before on an HP-2? Both Phoenix sites are listed as simulcast. Was simulcast distortion ever an issue for you picking them up? I'm seeing a few precincts with all-encrypted talkgroups (Mode DE) Looks like a hodge-podge of different traffic modes, some encrypted, some not. Have you ruled out disabled service types, quick keys, etc?

I did an update nothing....
In other words "you didn't update anything"?

w0nwa

Feed Provider
I'm not seeing any changes in the DB. Were you able to reliably pick them up before on an HP-2? Both Phoenix sites are listed as simulcast. Was simulcast distortion ever an issue for you picking them up? I'm seeing many precincts with all-encrypted talkgroups (Mode DE) Looks like a hodge-podge of different traffic modes, some encrypted, some not. Have you ruled out disabled service types, quick keys, etc?

In other words "you didn't update anything"?
Read again.....

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Moved from the Database Discussion forum.

Please keep in mind the Database Discussion forum description in the future...

"This forum is for questions about the database such as how to use it, layout or usability issues or suggestions for improvement. It is not for pointing out wrong information or getting help with programming."

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
The only patrol frequency that I haven't been able to confirm after one hour of monitoring is 400 [A/B]. All previous frequencies that are confirmed were all P-25 Phase 1.

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I read that one. Sunday morning is usually a good time to do frequency switching, mode alterations, etc.

For the one hour that I listened to all the channels on 400, I heard nothing on my SDS-200. Of course, with the inclement weather over the past week, it would make for less traffic on morning watch.

sonnikaz

I seem to have lost PHX PD as well. I'm in the southeast valley. I always chalk up my issues on RWC to be simulcast problems. With Tempe and Scottsdale, I have no issues. Chandler has always been a problem, and I did notice I have been receiving less Phoenix lately too.

As soon as I go a few miles towards Chandler/Phoenix - they show back up.

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
I seem to have lost PHX PD as well. I'm in the southeast valley. I always chalk up my issues on RWC to be simulcast problems. With Tempe and Scottsdale, I have no issues. Chandler has always been a problem, and I did notice I have been receiving less Phoenix lately too.

As soon as I go a few miles towards Chandler/Phoenix - they show back up.

What sites are you monitoring? I am in Pinal County and can hear Simulcast C, F, Thompson Peak, and often H, as well as A. If you are receiving Simulcast C you should be able to hear the Phx PD 400 Pct, and 900 Pct on Thompson Peak. What antenna are you using? I am not familiar with the HP2 but I do know that from my experience being able to hear the Phx RWC from here I have to use the Remtronix antenna or I get nothing. When in Phx I can use the Comet CH32 and receive most everything without issues. I have been able to receive Simulcast C as far east as the base of the Superstitions and Simulcast H as far south as Hwy 347 & 84. Location and antenna are definitely determining factors in your reception, not to mention how well your scanner handles simulcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.