Phoenix Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lwolf1313

What is the best simulcast site to hear Phoenix fire dispatching on the west side, cities like El Mirage, Surprise, Glendale, etc? Do I use SimulcastB ??

rwier

What is the best simulcast site to hear Phoenix fire dispatching on the west side, cities like El Mirage, Surprise, Glendale, etc? Do I use SimulcastB ??

I monitor the Phoenix FD analoge freq's EXCEPT the 154.190 Dispatch. In the same FL (or whatever the brand/model calls them) I include the K-1 Dispatch (B). I put the rest of the "K" channels in their own FL (B) in case I want to hear a specific medical "on the scene". Unlike "A", "G". etc., I hear "B" very well valley wide.

Last edited:

Lwolf1313

Phoenix Fire Simulcast site?

I have the analog frequencies programmed, just wonder what Simulcast site to use for digital Phoenix fire. My guess would be Simulcast B ??? I'm in El Mirage.

SCPD

QRT
Do the K deck frequencies simulcast the VHF frequencies? If I just listen to VHF will I miss anything?

KB7MIB

Simulcast G sites are located mostly in the City of Peoria, as well as one in the Avondale/Goodyear area.
Simulcast B sites are located in the City of Phoenix.

You can use either to monitor the K-deck medical response talkgroups, and the L-deck special event talkgroups.

Very rarely are the K-deck talkgroups carried on any of the IR sites. Once in awhile I hear K-1 and K-6 off of the Towers Mtn IR site. K-2 is regularly carried on the Thompson Peak IR site.

A-deck 6 and K-deck 6 are not the same. The A-deck analog channels are mainly for fire and haz-mat (aka "hazard zone") calls, while the K-deck talkgroups are for medical calls.

In some cases, such as Buckeye Valley and Daisy Mtn., you may hear medical calls assigned to an A-deck analog channel instead of a K-deck talkgroup.

The analog VHF channels are simulcast on the trunked system, however they are encrypted, and we cannot monitor them.

Monitoring the simulcast sites (A, B, C, F, G, H, J) has proven difficult due to multi-path intereference issues. Hobbyists have reported that the newer Uniden scanners are better at receiving the simulcast sites than the GRE/Whistler scanners are.

John
Peoria

Lwolf1313

What about for dispatches, what is good to listen to? I have a fire station probably a mile from the house and can always hear the sirens as they pull out.

KB7MIB

Either A-1, which is 154.190, or K-1, which is TG 1795. That is the only A-deck channel and K-deck talkgroup that carries the same transmission.
Unfortunately, we cannot selectively listen to a specific city, let alone a specific station. You will hear every dispatch for all 2 dozen or so departments and districts that Phoenix currently handles communications for.

John
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.