Phoenix PD B-deck Dispatch TG's Encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB7MIB

I've been seeing encryption pop up on Phoenix PD's B-deck Dispatch TG's.

I've seen it on 400 B, 800 B, and now on 100 B (TG 2809). The UID's on 100 B included 140004, and 2806648.

For those who may have been holding out hope that Phoenix PD would someday reopen the C-deck precinct Hot TG's, well instead of less encryption, it appears that they've moved to more encryption.

John
Peoria

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
How do you tell if it is encrypted or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
If you can hear it in plain language, is in the clear. If your scanner shows ENC and doesn't unmute, it's encrypted.

hulka

Ok no never seen enc pop up hat is why I was asking. Never here B 800 talk. So I guess that is why

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
Ok no never seen enc pop up hat is why I was asking. Never here B 800 talk. So I guess that is why

Most scanners skip over encrypted traffic, so no worries there.

Here is a video of what AES256 encryption sounds like:

Very obnoxious, which is why most scanners won't unmute.

jjbond

Banned
Banned
I've been seeing encryption pop up on Phoenix PD's B-deck Dispatch TG's.

I've seen it on 400 B, 800 B, and now on 100 B (TG 2809). The UID's on 100 B included 140004, and 2806648.

For those who may have been holding out hope that Phoenix PD would someday reopen the C-deck precinct Hot TG's, well instead of less encryption, it appears that they've moved to more encryption.

John
Peoria

Following Las Vegas's lead it appears, I'm only about a mile from a simulcast B site here on 17 and Deer Valley and it's nice and strong, hopefully it was only a task force or detectives etc.

KB7MIB

Most scanners skip over encrypted traffic, so no worries there.

Very obnoxious, which is why most scanners won't unmute.

I wish there was a menu option to unmute the encryption, so that when a channel, especially a rarely used one, goes from clear to encrypted, like Phoenix PD's B-deck apparently has, we can know about it sooner.
Also, I've been trying to catch the encrypted TG's and set avoids on them in search mode, so they don't keep popping up, and slowing down the search for clear TG's, even if they only do so for half a second. Phoenix PD has so many of them, and when several of them are all active, all those half seconds add up. It's not easy to catch them when they're only active for half a second because they only pop up for that long. If we could unmute them, and they stayed active as long as the encrypted transmission was ongoing, it would be easier to press the channel hold button, then avoid them.

John
Peoria

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
I wish there was a menu option to unmute the encryption, so that when a channel, especially a rarely used one, goes from clear to encrypted, like Phoenix PD's B-deck apparently has, we can know about it sooner.
Also, I've been trying to catch the encrypted TG's and set avoids on them in search mode, so they don't keep popping up, and slowing down the search for clear TG's, even if they only do so for half a second. Phoenix PD has so many of them, and when several of them are all active, all those half seconds add up. It's not easy to catch them when they're only active for half a second because they only pop up for that long. If we could unmute them, and they stayed active as long as the encrypted transmission was ongoing, it would be easier to press the channel hold button, then avoid them.

John
Peoria
I wholly agree lol

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
And it's looking like Fire is slowly making their way to encryption, I've noticed more and more incidents being sent to K4. The one that really gets me are the dispatches that are the tone then "K Deck 4", no addy, no unit, no nuttin.....

KB7MIB

And it's looking like Fire is slowly making their way to encryption, I've noticed more and more incidents being sent to K4. The one that really gets me are the dispatches that are the tone then "K Deck 4", no addy, no unit, no nuttin.....

I wonder if too many people were chasing K4 calls, so fewer are being voiced?

I think I've heard a few where the address was the station where the toned out apparatus was quartered.

John
Peoria

jjbond

Banned
Banned
Just purchased the SDS and am a bit dissapointed that it appears EVERYTHING that goes to a working channel is encrypted, I had no idea that the only thing clear on sim B is the actual dispatch, bummer.

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
Just purchased the SDS and am a bit dissapointed that it appears EVERYTHING that goes to a working channel is encrypted, I had no idea that the only thing clear on sim B is the actual dispatch, bummer.
I'm confused. Fire is on simulcast b, all the other k deck channels are in the clear. Phoenix city services are almost all in the clear as well, or am I missing something?

jjbond

Banned
Banned
I was referring to after they dispatch a hot call and an officer (popo not firefighters) accepts it, they swithc to another talk group to work it and today that other channel was always encrypted

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
I'm confused. Fire is on simulcast b, all the other k deck channels are in the clear. Phoenix city services are almost all in the clear as well, or am I missing something?

I think the original post was in reference to the PhxPD B Deck channels not Simulcast B. I have heard plenty on the PD A Deck channels. As for Fire the only thing on K Deck thats encrypted is 4 and 5 I think? 6-15 are in the clear as well as K2 & K3. For whatever reason the analog patch TGs are encrypted but not the actual VHF frequencies.

KB7MIB

I am referring to the decks (aka banks, groups, or zones, depending on what different agencies across the country decide to term them) in the Phoenix PD radios, not the simulcast systems of the RWC.

John
Peoria

HEReAZ

Premium Subscriber
what site was being used when you heard the b deck being. used. hope that makes sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KB7MIB

Phoenix PD uses Simulcast A.

Some precincts may also be heard on surrounding simulcasts, such as 200/800/900 being heard on Simulcast G. (If 600 gets patched/multiselected with 200 or 900 to tone out a hot call, then you will also hear 600 on Simulcast G.)

The decks in the radios are like banks in a scanner. Other names used across the country include groups or zones.

Phoenix PD B-deck TG's:
100: TG 2809 (Future Use)
Black Mtn 200: TG 2808
300: TG 2807 (Future Use)
South Mtn 400: TG 2980
Central City 500: TG 2979
Desert Horizon 600: TG 2978
Mountain View 700: TG 2977
Maryvale 800: TG 2976
Cactus Park 900: TG 2975

For the Cactus Park precinct:
A-deck: A09 900 Dispatch A TG 2991
B-deck: B09 900 Dispatch B TG 2975
C-deck: C09 900 HOT CALLS TG 2959 Encrypted
D-deck: D09 900 Neighborhood Enforcement Teams TG 2943 Encrypted

John
Peoria

LINY

The past few days, I have noticed a lot of encryption type noise on the broadcastify feeds. Today, over half the transmissions I've been hearing on the Cactus Park feed sound like they're encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.