Phoenix PD going back to 6 precincts, reduced squad sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Phoenix police to consolidate precincts; cite staffing issues

300 and 800 are going to be merged and 500 sounds like it's going to be split between 700 and 400 according to the article. Sounds to me like they are spreading things a little too thin, but what else can they do with a moronic city council that's unwilling/unable to find the money needed to hire the correct amount of officers?

Sounds like it's time to clear out city hall this next election and start again. The current mayor and council members obviously aren't getting the job done if we can't even keep enough cops and firemen on the street to adequately serve the city. Time to flush and start over.

-AZ

kd7eir

Who needs police and fire protection? Those are just social services wasting money that rightfully belongs to tax breaks for our benevolent job creators.

Sent from my fertile imagination.

Who needs police and fire protection? Those are just social services wasting money that rightfully belongs to tax breaks for our benevolent job creators.

Sent from my fertile imagination.

what are you going to do when someone crashes into you and pins you in the vehicle ??? just hope a good Samaritan come walking down the road with a pry bar ??? I didn't think so either
just wait till you get in some sort of medical emergency then your mind will change!!!!

kd7eir

what are you going to do when someone crashes into you and pins you in the vehicle ??? just hope a good Samaritan come walking down the road with a pry bar ??? I didn't think so either
just wait till you get in some sort of medical emergency then your mind will change!!!!

I'm a retired firefighter/paramedic that now works with Pima County Office of Emergency Management and Homeland Security - I guess my sarcasm fell on deaf ears.

KB7MIB

Isn't Downtown (DOU) part of Central City (500)? Is it possible they mean that Central City is being split up into Mountain View (700) and South Mtn (400)?

tipster67

I guess my sarcasm fell on deaf ears.
While I was thinking it was pure Sarcasm, you have to remember this is the home of a drunk Governor and Crazy Sheriff Joe. We hear crap like this all the time and most of the time it is not sarcasm.

AirScan1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I'm a retired firefighter/paramedic that now works with Pima County Office of Emergency Management and Homeland Security - I guess my sarcasm fell on deaf ears.

nice to know a fellow CDer
I'm a volunteer radiological monitor, got my training here at Maricopa emergency management services former Civil Defensive

well decrease from public services of law enforcement and fire personal
sounds like we all have to watch our backs and drive more carefully

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
While I was thinking it was pure Sarcasm, you have to remember this is the home of a drunk Governor and Crazy Sheriff Joe. We hear crap like this all the time and most of the time it is not sarcasm.

Arizona's Governor is drunk???

Mike

djewel6

I thought the IAFF worked out a deal with the city already that kept them from getting hit the way the city screwed over the PD. It was rumored PD was pissed and felt like their FD comrades had betrayed them by not presenting a unified front. The other thing is unlike Police there is unifed Mutual Aide backup across most of the valley for fire/rescue putting an apparatus down for 12hrs or so doesnt have the same entire affect as pulling cars off the street.. As I recall PPD is down over 500 officers which is 1/6 of the force only a few yrs ago..

fleef

Kristin Cavazos Phoenix Arizona
Premium Subscriber
Every city is making do with less money and no support and we would do well to give them at least some morale. All we can do is give them our congratulations and since the numbers of officers are down we will need them even more. If they think the world is against them.. well I can only imagine the level of support we public will get. With less officers around we could also do well to do our own Community Policing instead of relying a dying infrastructure that will lose even more money I will bet on it.

Phoenix805

Isn't Downtown (DOU) part of Central City (500)? Is it possible they mean that Central City is being split up into Mountain View (700) and South Mtn (400)?

Central City is east of downtown. Downtown is actually in South Mountain (400). It looks to me like it would be easy to put the south half of Central City (south of 202) into South Mountain and the north half (north of 202) into Mountain View.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Did they give up on this idea? I notice all of the info is no longer on the website. I was looking forward to getting the downtown area out of 400.

Fubar

Premium Subscriber
The officers just completed a ribid into the new precincts. The new map kicks in towards the end of October.

Status
Not open for further replies.