Phoenix PD Hot Traffic on B deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
An update on this per radio traffic just now: C Deck is currently undergoing updates, and units are working hot calls on B deck until further notice. I have no idea what "undergoing updates" exactly means or how long this will last. It's probably wishful thinking on my part so please don't get mad at me if this doesn't happen, but maybe they are reverting C-Deck back to unencrypted again. Let's hope!

-AZ

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I don't think your wish came true. Dispatchers were saying the work is complete and they were asking officers to power cycle radios. They stated HOT traffic would resume to normal C Deck channels. They are still encrypted.

desert-cheetah

Premium Subscriber
Ugh! Well, there's always those fun times when something happens during a 'routine' stop and ends up playing out on A Deck. Can't very well tell a fleeing bad guy "Can you hold on a second while I switch my radio to an encrypted channel?". It doesn't happen often, but it's great when it does.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Yep, fun's over, things are back to "normal". :(

I honestly don't see why they can't work hot calls on B deck and then switch to C deck for situations that truly warrant it, such as an active shooter or for calls that are too sensitive for the media to be showing up at. I think yesterday proved that operating in the clear on hot calls is not going to cause the world to come to an end or start a riot. :roll:

-AZ

desert-cheetah

Premium Subscriber
I couldn't agree more. But if it means the difference between only hot calls being encrypted and full time encryption on everything out of Phoenix PD, I'll pick the hot calls only. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.