Phoenix PD Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris480

ok just spent two hours putting in PHX and MCSO and I have not picked up a thing at all yet! I used BcTool to do it because the Uniden app said port in use no matter what I did. Im not sure how I would have prog it wrong. I put all the site freqs in, and then all the ids in the groups under the site! I chose Moto AP25 for the system also. Any advice?

ctrl

Here, load these up.

The way I have phoenix setup is the best way IMO. I have C-deck and A-deck both on quick key 1. It scans C and then A. (load the C file first, then load A after it.)This works excellent.

I also put peoria, glendale, fire, mcso, DPS.

Be sure to completely clear out your radio first.

Attachments

• systems.zip
    9.3 KB · Views: 60

ctrl

Hmm, after thinking about it for a minute... you will need this config file, for my setup to work properly.

Attachments

• config.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 63

chris480

cant download the config file it says invalid attachment. How do I load the Config file once you send it? Thanks

chris480

Also I cant get USAD to work it says the port is already in use... Im using BCtool just fne though,.

ctrl

Open usad, go to the setup menu. From there select the Speed that you have your scanner set at. Select the com port that you are using. In my case its Com1 and 115200 bps.

Its been so long sence I set mine in the scanner so I cant remember right off how thats done.

chris480

Yea I did that, but it tells me port in use, ill keep playing with it. It works ok with the other prog. hmmm

ctrl

Make sure you only have 1 program open at a time. This can cause that issue.

Either way, you can use the files to see how its setup. Open them with notepad if all else fails. :)

chris480

Can I add talk groups? I dont see the airport PD on here, also I dont hear as much as I expected and its really broken up do i need to change or add freqs? It seems like only two or so freqs are actually being used the rest are locked out??

ctrl

Yeah you can add talkgroups. Just be advised, there is a bunch of talkgroups in the Special Group that can be removed, if you get close to the 200 talkgroup limit per system.

From your location I dont think you will be able to receive the airport talkgroups. They are on another control channel. This one is not simulcasted to all of the other towers. Site 103 - http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2508.

You can try unlocking the other frequencys. But the way this system is setup. There is only 1 control channel that carrys all of the PD traffic all of the time. 867.2125 which rotates with 867.9625. The others in the list are on a tower way over on the westside.

There have been problems from people claiming broken up and choppy recieving. Usually it boils down to an interference problem with a surrounding tower simlucasting on the same frequency--but being recieved a a slight delay. Search back a couple pages in this forum for more on this problem.

The solution is usually some type of roof mounted anntenna.

The files I sent are what I use without issues, and I hear every active talkgroup for Phx PD/MSCO/etc. They might not be exactly what you are looking for, but it should help get you started..

This system is somewhat complicated. Do some searching in this forum and you will see what I mean.

chris480

Thank you for the help! This does help me understand it! Doesn help me understand why mine wasnt working earlier LOL! Thanks Again though!

chris480

While your on maybe you can help me understand the groups vs the so on the scanner. If I hit the number for the S0 it will have that system scan or not, how do i tell it which grps in that system to scan and not scan? I tried the period and the number and I get blinking * for those grps but I cant get them to stop being * and it seems to still scan them.

ctrl

The easiest way to turn the groups on/off is, is to turn all the systems off.
Then turn on the system that you want to adjust the groups on. Hold down the Function button on the side, you will see (holding) on the screen. Now push the number for the group you want on and off.

Then just turn back on the other systems.

K7TKR

Premium Subscriber
Hey chris, If you get tired of Uniden's scanner control and programming software-try FREESCAN. I'm playing with it at the moment and am quite amazed-get all the bells and whistles without all the dollars-including RadioReference trunked/conventional database imports. Take a look: http://scannow.org

Status
Not open for further replies.