Phoenix PD Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
Tonight I heard one officer say "someone on 800 megahertz was trying to reach me, tell them to call me". Any ideas?

Also, can anyone confirm that when they are discussing 237D they are talking about meth? I know it's either meth or crack or both, just wasn't sure. Whatever it is, it's an epidemic in Phoenix.

Phoenix805

Unless it's changed recently 237 was generic for Drugs, 237D was for Dangerous drugs. 237G is Glue sniffing, 237M is Marijuana, 237N is Narcotics, and 237P is Prescription drugs. I still hear them say "smoking 237 Mary" on occasion (Mary the phonetic for M) , but don't remember hearing the others in quite awhile. These are old designations, probably from back in the 60s. I'm not aware of any newer codes or more specific ones for meth or crack (or heroin or cocaine, etc.)

As far as the 800 megahertz comment, I don't know. My guess would be that they just said 800 (Maryvale/Estrella Precinct, SW side of town). Perhaps the officer incorrectly added megahertz, or possibly said something else that sounded like megahertz to you? Maybe someone else has a better idea.

jheitman

I've been trying to receive Phoenix PD Precincts on Simulcast A, no luck.
Phoenix PD runs on the RWC, but I can't find which of the 17 sites I should use.
I'm primarily interested in Precincts 500, 700 and 900.
I live in Sun City West.

What sites should I be focusing on for Phoenix PD

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
If you are out of range of Simulcast A (which is likely the case in Sun City West unless you have an attic or external yagi antenna) then you are out of luck for PPD 500 & 700. These are only carried on Simulcast A.

Simulcast G will frequently, if not always carry PPD 900.

Phoenix805

I listen to 900 on G with mostly good reception. I don't listen to 500 or 700 but I would think A would be the way to go. If you can't get A, I don't know what to suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.