Phoenix PD - South Phoenix? New at this

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayJayPhx

Started with the phone SDR thing just under a month ago. Figured out how to listen to MCSO with DSDplus/Unitrunker/VB Cable Setup. Then realized why i couldnt listen to Phoenix PD (sorry im new at this) since DSD/UniTrunker didnt Support P25 Phase 2

anyways i got on the DSD fast lane and with some help from the other forum finally got the phase 2 setup working. Didnt understand why DSD and Unitrunker just operate phase 2 the same way MCSO was working just needed the DSD to support phase 2. And had to use the whole FMPA dos programs etc.

So i been tuning into the "Simulcast A :phoenix PD and City Services" at 771.68125
im in south phoenix. Rough idea is Central ave and Southern. Is the the correct one to be tuning to? I assume so, as i get some local related stuff but then i also get stuff way up like off of i17 and bell road area as well as like downtown phoenix area like 24th street and van buren etc.

Sorry im completely new to this so trying to figure out if im in the right freq etc.
Everything works great, its clear and i can see all the group call/TG/CH info on the 1R event log.

Just trying to figure out what i can do to work it better or better suited for my immediate area.

thanks for the help

KB7MIB

If you're running SDR, I believe that you need two dongles. 1 for the control channel(s) and 1 for the voice channels.

I don't know if you can hold on a single talkgroup. If you cant, you will hear all of the precincts, not just the South Mtn precinct, because of the way that trunked systems work, jumping from frequency to frequency (voice channel to voice channel) with every keyup.

And the RWC isn't Phase II, yet. There has been some testing, but other than a few test talkgroups, they are still regular P25.

John
Peoria

JayJayPhx

i have all the hardware figured out. its been working fine. i was trying to figure out all the information on the different talk groups etc for my local area and freq.

funny how you say its not phase 2 but when i try to use it on my regular setup which supports phase1 nothing comes thru and i know it works because i been using it for mcso on their system. I was under the impression it was already phase 2 since thats what it says on radio reference?

am i confused in someway?

KB7MIB

MCSO is on the old Maricopa County system, which is not a P25 system. It is a Motorola Type II SmartZone hybrid analog/digital system, which is different from a P25 Phase II system.

Look at the system type, and system voice:
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=848

The new Maricopa County system is P25 Phase II, but MCSO is not yet active on it.

Again, look at the system type, and the system voice, and compare to the old system:
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=9073

If you're actually listening to MCSO, you're listening to the old system.

And yes, the RRDB shows the RWC, and the TOPAZ RWC, as Phase II, but, with the exception of the handful of testing and Sky Harbor talkgroups, they are still Phase I.

Look at the important note, and scroll down to the Sky Harbor listing, and at the bottom where it shows the Radio Testing talkgroups. Only the ones marked with a "T" are Phase II:
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2508

John
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.