Phoenix Raceway (PIR/ISM Raceway)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB7MIB

NASCAR is rolling into the Valley this weekend, with the Cup race on Sunday. There is no listing in the RRDB for the track, and it was mentioned over on the Facebook group that they run a DMR (trunked?) system.

If anyone can get down to the track this weekend, maybe you can confirm what frequencies the track officials, the safety crews, etc., are using, and we can get an entry for the track into the database.

I'm not looking for the driver and pit crew frequencies, just the static operations at the track itself.

The RWC G-deck interoperability TG's should be quite active as well. They should start becoming active tomorrow, if not today, as everything gets set up.

In years past, MCSO would use one or two of their analog Special Detail TG's on their old system for traffic control along roads to and from the track. These are probably encrypted on the new system.

Let's get a database entry for the track.

John
Peoria

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I am guilty. I have been that the track at least 5 times over the past few years for races. I have been there for NASCAR races and even an IndyCar race. I have had all the licensed frequencies for the track programmed into my scanner. The problem is that the Phoenix Raceway (PIR, ISM, whatever you want to call it) are VERY BORING. The facility frequencies are ticket booths, vendors, ushers, parking, etc. There is SO MUCH more to do and SO MUCH more to listen to while at the track that I spent about 5% of my scanner time listening to the facility frequencies. MCSO, NASCAR Officials, TV crews, and Racing Teams are SO MUCH more fun to listen to than the facility stuff.

I was camping there in November 2020 for Championship weekend. I will not be there this weekend, but I will likely be camping there again in November. The track facilities are mostly DMR. I did not spend time to map out what frequencies/talkgroups where what services, or determine what frequencies were CAP+, One Frequency Trunk, or otherwise.

Last edited:

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

evilbrad

My head makes a bad antenna
2021 Nascar Series are in the 2021 Cup,Xfinity,truck thread

evilbrad

My head makes a bad antenna
For future races said url. Has frequent arca series updates

Status