Phone App Frequently Times Out/Hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.

enduser56

I've run the standard feed setup for years, Scannercast with a BCD996t, without issue. However, I now have listeners telling me that the Broadcastify phone app is timing out and hanging about every five minutes.

Apparently this cropped up about two weeks ago and as I rarely use the phone app I was unaware of the problem till today. Are other feed providers having this issue? Any idea toward a resolution? In contrast, listening to Broadcastify thru my PC is very stable, never drops. It's only the phone app that seems to lock up for my listeners.
Thanks!

enduser56

Some new info.. I pulled up other random feeds on the Broadcastify phone app with the same results, they all timeout after around five minutes. Leads me to believe this is a Broadcastify issue and not related to my feed. Anyone?

enduser56

The issue is resolved. I bought a new phone last week and needed to go into the app settings and single out the Broadcastify app as a battery saver exclusion. The phone was killing the feed as a default battery saver function until I excluded Broadcastify from the default rule. Sorry for any confusion if there was any!

enduser56

The support article I read pertained specifically to Android phones. However, it would make sense if the same applied for IPhones too.

Status
Not open for further replies.