Phone app keeps chirping or poping driving me crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

although i have had a home scanner for 20 years or so, I'm new to scanner on my android cell phone. I'm using the Scanner Radio app and I keep getting a chirp or clicking sound about every 3 or 4 seconds some time 6 seconds, the status of the feed is idle with no talking going on. I tried different feeds and it still has the same chirping sound. It acts like it is interference from some thing, I took thephone out side and it still has the chirping. Is there some other app on the phone causing interference?

Thanks in advance for your help....

kma371

QRT
although i have had a home scanner for 20 years or so, I'm new to scanner on my android cell phone. I'm using the Scanner Radio app and I keep getting a chirp or clicking sound about every 3 or 4 seconds some time 6 seconds, the status of the feed is idle with no talking going on. I tried different feeds and it still has the same chirping sound. It acts like it is interference from some thing, I took thephone out side and it still has the chirping. Is there some other app on the phone causing interference?

All the streaming apps get the stream from the same place, broadcastify. Changing apps doesn't do anything.

You need to contact the feed provider and let them know there is a problem with their feed.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
If your hearing it on different feeds there is a problem with your phone. I use Scanner Radio and Scanner Radio Pro and I've never had any problems such as you describe. Try listening to the same feeds on your PC and see if you still hear it.

thanks "W8" for the reply, I can listen to the feeds via my computer with out any problems, so I'm sure the chirping and poping is cause by inference in the phone, maybe another app??? I even downloaded a different scanner app and still had the chirping on the phone. The chirping only happens when the scanner app is in the listen mode.

Any Ideal where to start looking for the cause???

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Any Ideal where to start looking for the cause???
I would suggest the app author. Just as an informational point, RadioReference has nothing to do with any of the apps except to supply a key to use the RR / Broadcastify API, and AFAIK those are no longer issued since there are so many apps out there.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

My guess is that you are listening to a feed with Alpha Tags embedded in the audio stream.

Try listening to a feed without Alpha Tags to see if you have the same chirping effect. The following shows a feed (my feed) streaming Alpha Tags. Choose a feed without the icon.

Attachments

• Metadata.png
    Metadata.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 305

Lou - I will check with the app aurther also

Pro - listening to one with tags or no tags has the same chirping

w8 - I tried every combination of streaming method and Parse Data, no difference

Thanks everyone for trying to help, and keep the surgestion coming please. I will post the results when ever we get it solved...

Below is the Reply the App developer sent me...

Gordon (Scanner Radio Support)

Jun 02 10:05 pm (EDT)

The problem you're hearing is not something which I have a workaround for, it's a problem that happens only on the Motorola Droid X2, Motorola Photon 4G, Motorola Atrix 4G, and Motorola Milestone X2 phones.

-- Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.