PHX Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris480

OK guys I have a question, I am using a Radio Shack Pro 106 and when I hit something I want to stay on and listen I push man on that TG but it seems as if I don't get the whole conversation. When I hit MAN on that TG could it be that the TG transmits on a different freq? Shouldn't the radio follow that TG to what ever freq it broadcasts on?

Thanks

rwier

OK guys I have a question, I am using a Radio Shack Pro 106 and when I hit something I want to stay on and listen I push man on that TG but it seems as if I don't get the whole conversation. When I hit MAN on that TG could it be that the TG transmits on a different freq? Shouldn't the radio follow that TG to what ever freq it broadcasts on?

Thanks

Lol, I wouldn't be surprised if you receive a plethora of DIFFERENT answers, along with Many questions by experts (or "would be"s) who need more info.

chris480

So when you want to follow a conversation or a transmission what do yo you do? If I just leave it scan I miss some because it will stop on other transmissions. Again when I press MAN to have it stop on that TG I still feel I miss some of the communications. When I had my BCD396 I didnt feel like i had that issue, when I stopped on a TG I didnt feel like i missed anything.

rwier

So when you want to follow a conversation or a transmission what do yo you do? If I just leave it scan I miss some because it will stop on other transmissions. Again when I press MAN to have it stop on that TG I still feel I miss some of the communications. When I had my BCD396 I didnt feel like i had that issue, when I stopped on a TG I didnt feel like i missed anything.

I am in Phoenix near I-17 and Greenway. We are probably trying to listen to a lot of the same stuff. I have a 500 (close cousin to 106). I purchased it when it was first available. I don't know when that was. Maybe someone will advise?

For all those years, up until August, 2011, I could have easily asked the same question as you posted. For the last 10 (?) months I have not had that problem. All of the following items, procedures, new purchases, etc., were necessary to eliminate the problem.

The "E" part of an HP-1 (E) for testing and analysis.
A new antenna (tested 1st among a dozen, or so, by the HP-1-E).
A powered amp (?)(it is also a 4 way splitter) just before the radio (extra performance proven by the HP-1-E).
A totally new way (for me) of "programming" P-25, simulcast, multi-site, systems.

The whole procedure took me about two months.

Well, after typing the above, I did a little searching of the Forum Archives. We had a little posting interaction before. I thought that you ended up doing very well with the RWC System. I'll go ahead and leave the above ramble in this post, as it might help someone.

Back to your present problem. Is this a "change" in the radio's last month behavior. You might check that no "priorities" are on (watch out for weather).

How "should" the 106 (my 500, and other radios) perform? Well this morning, I set up my 500, one 800, and both HP's, side by side, on a shelf above my monitor. I programmed them all the same as follows:

RWC, Site A: PHX PD, TGID's (my tags) 2A, 2B, 9A, 9B, 2C, 6C, 7C, and 9C. Eight TGs, covering the Phx Pd Patrols in my area, and the PD "HOT" traffic North of about Indian School Rd.

With the lights dimmed (they are nearly always dimmed in the Bat Cave, lol), with the flashing LEDS and the colors, the results were awesome (and I've seen it before). It is just too unbelievable for words. The four scanners "lock" on a transmission SIMULTANEOUSLY, and break the "lock" SIMULTANEOUSLY. I do NOT have any delays set to "on".

The most amazing part is that the four radios all hold on a back-and-forth conversation, between dispatch and Unit, as long as there is not about a 3 second space between the two voices (don't know how to say that in good English, lol). It is almost like RWC has a "built-in" Delay function. A few of these "NO_BREAK" conversations lasted over 30 seconds, and one about one and a half minutes!!! It's mind boggling, considering my results before last August.

Thanks for listening,
Rob

Astrak

You can press PSE to pause the scanner. It could be that you have more than one simulcast programmed in and have roam turned on.

Status
Not open for further replies.