Pi Config

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim-Elyria

I am having issues getting the Raspberry Pi to connect to broadcastify.

"Edit the /etc/darkice.cfg file to match your settings, including the sound card you are using, your feed server, mount, password, and description, then exit and save the file "

Do I need to enter feed id ? is that what is meant as description

Where do I find the password? in the scanner cast config I see 2 different passwords , neither of which matches the number of digits shown in scanner cast or on my feed technicals page.

Kingscup

Feed Provider
It has been awhile since I have set mine up but I believe the description is the name of your feed (i.e. Anytown Police or Generic County Fire).

The password should be the one from your technicals page. Just delete what is there and put that one in.

DC31

Feed Provider
And make sure that you drop the leading slash from the mount point. If you already have your feed running from another source, you need to shut that one down before you connect from the pi.

Server, port, mount point ,and password are the critical items.

Tim-Elyria

I have tried the password displayed in the technical page and that don't seem to work , tried that password in scannercast and scannercast wont connect with that password.

I did drop the "/" from the mount point.

What is used as the "Login" or is it just the server and password that is important. I have tried the password all lower case and also mixed upper and lower as it is displayed on the technical page, still no connection .

Yes I had the scannercast feed stopped when trying to connect with the PI .

DC31

Feed Provider
I have tried the password displayed in the technical page and that don't seem to work , tried that password in scannercast and scannercast wont connect with that password.

I did drop the "/" from the mount point.

What is used as the "Login" or is it just the server and password that is important. I have tried the password all lower case and also mixed upper and lower as it is displayed on the technical page, still no connection .

Yes I had the scannercast feed stopped when trying to connect with the PI .

See this post:

http://forums.radioreference.com/st...ing/341733-need-help-rasp-pi.html#post2657209

Status
Not open for further replies.