Pi-Star:4.1.0-RC8 / Dashboard: 20200218 released

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2xq

Mentor
RC8 was released ~1730 UTC on the 18th.

It folds in the rng-tools (improves WiFi connectivity) and makes a fix to using the BM API

I recommend using the sudo commands to move on up from a previous version of 4.1 (if running 3.4.x or 4.0.x download a new image). The sudo commands will update the OS.

See Amateur radio: Pi-Star notes if you need help on upgrading Pi-Star.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
Tom,
Update my 3 different Zumspots and got the following highlighted on each. Is that an issue on my end or theirs?
I did find updating the dashboard first got the upgrade to work from RC7 to RC8. Seems like update has information to upgrading, but the upgrade option does the work. :)

Mike
InkedRC8_update_LI.jpg

Stupidfatkid

You usually get this error when another program is in the process of upgrading the OS. I would try it again later, or restart PiStart if the update process appears to be stuck.

Tom,
Update my 3 different Zumspots and got the following highlighted on each. Is that an issue on my end or theirs?
I did find updating the dashboard first got the upgrade to work from RC7 to RC8. Seems like update has information to upgrading, but the upgrade option does the work. :)

Mike
View attachment 80714

w2xq

Mentor
Mike, what he said. That issue has not surfaced here or among the coloradodigital.net members so far as I know.

I do a sudo pistar-update before a sudo pistar-upgrade to pull in the Buster OS stuff. If one forgets, the Expert menu reminds one of the order.

FWIW, another minor update related to OLEDs posted today ~1700 UTC. It pushes RC8 to 20200221.

Last edited:

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
Install RC7 and then update and upgrade from the hotspot webpage after RC7 is up and running. I don’t believe there is a specific link to 8 like there is for 7.

VE3NKL

Install RC7 and then update and upgrade from the hotspot webpage after RC7 is up and running. I don’t believe there is a specific link to 8 like there is for 7.
Thank you Michael, it worked like a charm. Now my Zumspot is running Pi-Star 4.1.0 RC8.

Status
Not open for further replies.