Pi3 & RTL-SDR - mixed systems question

KA9OSN

I’m looking to put together a dedicated SDR streaming box using a Pi3 and RTL-SDR so I can keep my SDS200 free for other things.
There are 4 different departments on two different P25 simulcast systems, plus a separate single frequency NXDN system that I plan to stream.
I’m not operationally familiar with OP25 or SDRTrunk. Would either work for this application? Is there a better option? What is the learning curve to install & configure?

Thanks in advance.

boatbod

I’m looking to put together a dedicated SDR streaming box using a Pi3 and RTL-SDR so I can keep my SDS200 free for other things.
There are 4 different departments on two different P25 simulcast systems, plus a separate single frequency NXDN system that I plan to stream.
I’m not operationally familiar with OP25 or SDRTrunk. Would either work for this application? Is there a better option? What is the learning curve to install & configure?

Thanks in advance.
3 separate systems on a lowly PI3? Good luck!

OP25 is fine for streaming P25 on a RPI3, but it's going to struggle with handling more than one RTL, which you're absolutely going to need if you have two separate P25 systems (even if you ignore NXDN, which will require it's own RTL device).

PDXh0b0

Premium Subscriber
have not bought one of these myself... but might be worth a try
inovato.com

KA9OSN

3 separate systems on a lowly PI3? Good luck!

OP25 is fine for streaming P25 on a RPI3, but it's going to struggle with handling more than one RTL, which you're absolutely going to need if you have two separate P25 systems (even if you ignore NXDN, which will require it's own RTL device).
Thank you for the clear, direct reply. This is exactly what I needed.

n0esc

Feed Provider
have not bought one of these myself... but might be worth a try
inovato.com
That definitely looks interesting, if for no other reason than if I can get it to play nice with ADSB I can free up a PI4 to replace the janky laptop running my Calls feed.