Picatinny Arsenal Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

08GMC4X4

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.304 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Anyone have any info for Picatinny?

GM

Premium Subscriber
I came up with the following while driving through the area earlier:

380.17500 Control Channel
99% N350 W :-----
Sy: --- R --- S ---

Looks like the Control Channel only is on the air, if I read my PSR 500 correctly. But now, those that have the proper toys can plug in this info as P25 Auto mode, and then when it becomes more active, you'll be able to get the other info needed. Note that the Control Channel was only strong in one area along Route 15, south of the Jefferson McDonalds and Wendys location. I had a hard time pulling in the CC from I-80, so if you don't get anything from that area, you'll have to find a different location.

Hope this is a start for those who wish to monitor. :)

08GMC4X4

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.304 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I have the BCD396xt how do I program this system or "search". Do I just program a new system and enter the info? I only program using freescan and I don't know how to manually program.

08GMC4X4

I set up a new P25 system in my 396xt. I selected "standard trunk" then entered: 380.1750. I have 2 bars on signal and I am picking up the control channel but no talking. I am new to this scanner and I am wondering if this is how I go about entering the information. Also the radio is showing a nac 350.

Sybex7254

From what I can gather so far, DOD Police seems to be worrking off on Talkgroup 101. Also getting hits on Talkgroups 3, 10, 16 & 20. All in the clear.

Haven't had a ton of time to listen so any corrections and/or updates are welcomed.

Last edited:

rmosier

I have been monitoring Picatinny's new trunk system, and have received traffic (Radio checks) on the following TGID's

3 DOD PD Dispatch

All have no PL Tones and seem to be P25

08GMC4X4

I was up near picatinny yesterday up and down 15. I had my 396xt on with picatinny programmed in and didn't hear anything. I also had close call on and didn't pick anything up. If anyone has a picatinny file for the 396xt that they would be willing to post or private message me I would appreciate it. I tried manually programming my scanner and I have to be doing something wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
They requested M/A from Jefferson and Dover for a fire this AM, and then cancelled them fairly quickly.

I didn't hear them on the VHF, so I quickly programmed in the TRS, but I think I missed any chatter.

Did hear activity on:
35 and 10, sounded like maintenance of some sort? Or maybe a secondary channel for pd?

I work fairly close, so I'll listen today and add if I hear more.

ecps92

Besides this CTRL Channel, what are the other Voice channels, to add to the RR DB.

I came up with the following while driving through the area earlier:

380.17500 Control Channel
99% N350 W :-----
Sy: --- R --- S ---

Looks like the Control Channel only is on the air, if I read my PSR 500 correctly. But now, those that have the proper toys can plug in this info as P25 Auto mode, and then when it becomes more active, you'll be able to get the other info needed. Note that the Control Channel was only strong in one area along Route 15, south of the Jefferson McDonalds and Wendys location. I had a hard time pulling in the CC from I-80, so if you don't get anything from that area, you'll have to find a different location.

Hope this is a start for those who wish to monitor. :)

ecps92

Maybe some folks could write down the other frequencies they see when in Control Channel Monitoring Mode. Not eveyone has a radio that supports the CC mode and we need to enter all the voice channels as well :confused:

On a side not it also helps when ID'n users during a band openning . :D

That I don't know... I programmed in my XT as a single channel system. Worked.

Sybex7254

Out of curiosity, what Digital scanners do not support a Control Channel only mode and would require entering all the voice channels?

W2SJW

Database Admin
Out of curiosity, what Digital scanners do not support a Control Channel only mode and would require entering all the voice channels?

None, but the first-generation units like the Pro-96 & 2096 need the base & offset tables from a P25 system to follow it properly (they can't read that data from the CC).

Status
Not open for further replies.