Picatinny Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

nnjradiotech

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if there is any truth to a rumor I heard. I was told that Picatinny Arsenal (DOD PD and FD) will be migrating to a trunk system in the near future.

I've done some quick searching but came up with nothing. Sorry if this is already covered.

Tech792

It probably is true. All DOD bases are migrating to 400 mhz P25 systems with encryption. Earle Navy base by me is in the process of building one with encryption. They just built a new tower here in Middletown. And once its on, they're turning the VHF system off.

jeff

Premium Subscriber
All new DoD trunk systems are in the 380-399 range, save for a few. i.e. West Point USMA (138-140). That's where Earle will be and McGuire/Dix when their new system gets funded. Lakehurst is already on theirs. 406-420 is being used by other federal agencies.

Sybex7254

Just caught the tail end of a transmission where the DOD Police dispatcher said something to the effect that the unit couldn't hear him because they were on Digital and he was on Analog. So this may fall in line with some of the earlier threads about Picatinny going Digital.

Just added the PD frequency as Digital Only to see if they will continue to use the existing frequencies and hopefully catch a NAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.